Robin Ventura Joining Cowboy Baseball Staff

Cowboy baseball coaching staff is fully loaded. Find it pretty amusing that he’s returning as a student assistant.

6 Likes

What a complete embarrassment of riches. Josh hasn’t had many issues recruiting, but you would think that adding Matt and Robin Ventura while opening an elite baseball facility would only help.

7 Likes

This makes me irrationally happy. My favorite college and pro athlete of all time.

2 Likes

Good time to be a Cowboy!

1 Like

I was an RA in Bennett my senior year. During sorority move in, I had my door propped open waiting for whoever needed help to come ask for it. FSSW was replaying the 2002 Bedlam game, so I had it on.

I get a knock on my door, and Robin Ventura is standing there… “Hey which game is this!?” “Uhh… 2002 Bedlam!” “That was a good one, right!? Hey my daughter is moving in…”

And that’s how I met Robin Ventura. Fun times.

11 Likes

My first memories of OSU baseball are Robin Ventura, Jeromy Burnitz, and Monty Fariss. Love seeing him back.

4 Likes

So you’re married to Robin Ventura’s daughter now right?

2 Likes

Things didn’t go that well because I’m a failure. We’ve been over this.

2 Likes

Well now I’m sad.

1 Like

Don’t recall… was your encounter with Robin pre or post Nolan Ryan noogie?

1 Like

That would be well post.

It’s your last semester of college… you walk into your Tuesday evening wine tasting class and boom Robin Ventura and Chuba are throwing them back on the back row.

6 Likes

This is awesome.

Bring on Inky!!!

2 Likes

This baseball staff is out of control… to think back to the final days of FA and imagine that this would actually be a reality. Just hope the “would trade all the non football Nattys” crowd can appreciate how special the culture is that would allow this to happen.

3 Likes

“Student assistant”

I don’t follow baseball that closing anymore, but the players have to be jacked for this addition.

You have one of the best outstanding defender, clutch hitter (walk off Grand Single against Mets)

And MLB manager going to class again

edited to add https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aO_9X9bCKc

1 Like

Gary…my man…that was in the early 90’s…

Hey, if they can build a sustainable, successful program, do it.

Edit: should say “sustainably successful”.

My encounter? That was in 2010, my man.

Still can’t believe Ventura went after Nolan Ryan… Who, I believe, was 63 years old when that incident took place. So he had old man strength and country strength working against him.

2 Likes