Rondel Walker Commitment Watch

Lots of buzz right now that a Rondel Walker commitment could be coming soon… Jerry Meyer also logged a crystal ball in our favor this morning.

Keep in mind he did take his OV along with Cade Cunningham and Mike Miles. Definitely something to keep an eye on for many reasons.

1 Like

Innnnnnnnteresting. There may be some behind-the-scenes stuff going on, especially with that buzz coming down.

While I know this could potentially put a Bryce commitment at risk, I’m all for this. I feel like he’d be a MUCH more vocal recruiter (esp. for Cade) than Davonte Davis is.

I was slightly hesitant about losing Davis initially (primarily w/ an AR connection to Jaylin Williams), but the emergence of JT Thor as a recruit bodes well. I feel like it’ll either be:

Rondel, Davis, Jaylin Williams as the core + inevitable transfer
OR
Rondel, Cade, Bryce, JT Thor + inevitable transfer

Pretty all or nothing at first glance, but I’d sell a kidney to guarantee 2 4 star guards + a 4 star big man every year.

1 Like

It’s quite the opposite actually, Rondel and Bryce appear to have interest in playing together. I’ve always seen Rondel as the bridge between Bryce and Cade because he has played with both. If Rondel committing means Davis decommitting, then I think that’s a trade we have to take regardless of the Jaylin Williams ties.

3 Likes

If getting Bryce and Cade meant we had to bring back and start NGuessan at center every game I would still do it.

5 Likes

Ah good catch, I missed that. (As if I needed anything else to make me follow this any closer)

Either way, I think the only way we get JT Thor is if we have a 5 star to pair alongside him (and would be accepted in place of Jaylin). Now I’m just curious as to where that 5th scholarship would go if we got Rondel, JT, Cade & Bryce to go with Davonte decommitting.

Maybe another flyer on a European kid? If Hidde works out of course

I’d compromise a lot of things, but bringing back N’Guessan is a bridge too far. Hahahaha.

5 Likes

Davonte Davis decommited per his Instagram. Sound the alarm

The timing there is…intriguing. I wonder if he and Boynton chatted about where his place would be in the program with potentially Walker/Bryce/CC coming in and they agreed that he deserved a place where he wouldn’t be an afterthought.

1 Like

Had to have been a conversation, seems to me that Boynton has something else cooking.

1 Like

Yeah. There’s too much smoke around Walker and his connection to Bryce and CC (along with maybe Thor and Williams?) for it to be a coincidence. I wish the kid all the best though. He would have made a heck of a Cowboy, but a potential program-changing class is tough to pass up.

1 Like

Huge news. Cade Cunningham, Rondel Walker and Mike Miles, come on down.

*Rondel Walker, Cade Cunningham, Bryce Thompson and JT Thor come on down

If we have to use that 5th scholarship on Miles then we obviously do it, otherwise we should go after another big.

Those four names…shiver. I don’t want to get my hopes up too high, but pieces are falling into place for a monstrous finish if things go right.

1 Like

It would be amazing if Bryce Thompson was part of the class. I just think this space was cleared for that trio regardless of what Bryce decides.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think it is hard to not see this as anything but good news. Might not mean anything in the recruitment of BT but this could be a strong sign the package of Miles, Walker and CC is in the works.

That would definitely make sense. I just don’t love the idea of bringing four guards in for one class.

Who is the fourth guard?

Miles, Thompson, Cunningham and Walker are all guards

I could be way off but I don’t think the Davis news means much when it comes to Thompson either way. I think the Davis news is more about Miles, Walker and Cade all playing together. Don’t get me wrong, they would take Thompson but I don’t think they are planning on anything with him.

This news makes me think they are planning on Walker, Cade and Miles being Cowboys.