Sahvir Wheeler Transfer Thread

As asked for by @lmand. Bryce was just the first domino to fall! Let’s go get Wheeler next!

5 Likes

Yay! I’m like an addict now. I need the next hit!

Number conspiracies, random mixed drinks, give it to me!

5 Likes

Well, I don’t know about trashcan punch, but I made Painkillers last week and they were really good. Kinda like a more sophisticated Pina colada.

4 Likes

lmao

2 Likes

Ohh, I love me some trashcan punch

4 Likes

Just moving this into this thread too

8 Likes

After all this good news, I had to change my pic to some orange koolaid! I hear Wheeler’s favorite flavor is Orange also.

10 Likes

I respect it

2 Likes

Here’s our man.

5 Likes

8 Likes

Sahvir Wheeler also had a hell of a game in the Big Baller All American Game a few years ago that most here probably are not aware of.

34 points and 8 assists, Co-MVP on a court full of future NBA and D1 Talent

Some other fun facts:

• Led the SEC in both assists (7.4 apg) and assist-to-turnover ratio (1.68), while tying for tops in double-doubles (eight). Also ranked No. 5 in steals (1.7 spp) and No. 15 in scoring (14.0 ppg)

• Became just the fourth player in the 2000s to lead the SEC in assists and assist-to-turnover ratio.

• Recorded the first triple-double in 116 seasons of Georgia Basketball

• Broke UGA’s single-season assist record during the 24th game of the season (2020)

• 61-13 as a junior and senior in highschool with two prep state championships

9 Likes

Are you sure you wouldn’t rather have the Durr kid? /s

6 Likes

I think Wheeler is better, but Durr fills a bigger need imo

5 Likes

If we have a choice we need to take Wheeler. I agree that a big man would be a very nice get, but with the way the game is going you take the best players you can and then put them on the court together

a backup big guy???

2 Likes

also his name was spelled wrong in the thread title :skull:

1 Like

My bad :skull:

1 Like

Gotta go with @BgodtheGoat on this one. We already have Kalib and Bernie as centers and Tyreek and MA can and will play the 5 in small ball lineups. But by getting an actual point guard we can strengthen not only the second unit (where Wheeler would see most of his minutes) but also have a point guard on the roster when we inevitably lose most of our guards in the next year or two.

Also Wheeler was 2nd team SEC, 3rd in the country in total assists, and was a former top 100 recruit. Hard to pass that up.

5 Likes

Does Wheeler want to come off the bench, though? No.

I think Ice is going to have to take a hit to the ego, unfortunately.

2 Likes

We all know Boynton does not tell a kid if they’re going to start or not, everyone has to earn it

1 Like