Selection Show Sunday 🏀

When you compare our resume to those highly rated teams that didn’t make it, we have way more Q1 wins than all of them

2 Likes

Wasn’t us getting left out in 2018 a big reason for the change in metrics lol?

5 Likes
  • We Are Dancing
  • Heading to the Snack Table

0 voters

Seems to me that the NCAA metric of “screw over Oklahoma State however we can” has never changed. Don’t expect it to today either…

10 Likes

I didn’t expect to be the lone optimist in here

1 Like

Iowa St. AD saw us beat his team twice, hopefully he goes to bat for us.

2 Likes

Heard the show say that earlier. They think that, it’s not just me.

This is why we won’t get in. Speak reasoning all you want, it doesn’t matter. The NCAA has never once been shy about screaming from the rooftops how much they dislike OSU.

4 Likes

Dancing. Data says so.

this won’t be as bad of a snub compared to Boyntons first season, but our resume says we’re a tournament team regardless of anything. Go Pokes

1 Like

And way more quad 1 losses (because of the Big 12 being a stronger conference). I really hope we get in, but I don’t think it’s a clear cut case one way or the other. NCAA could say “Sure, your strength of schedule was tough, but you didn’t do much with all those chances, so why do we think you will do more with those chances in the tourney compared to a team that didn’t get a chance to play as many Quad 1 teams and has significantly better other metrics?” Regardless, I do agree that if the NCAA is hanging their hat entirely on that NET metric, then we should be in. Countdown is on… :crossed_fingers:

Lunardi says if he misses more than 1 he’s annoyed. He says 1ish is his miss rate. Good for us we could possibly be the 1.

2 Likes

OSU in. ASU out.

2 Likes

I’m nervous. The pessimism helps dull the inevitable pain caused by the hope though.

7 Likes

But why should they be rewarded for shitty scheduling/playing in a shitty conference

I keep telling myself that it doesn’t matter and we won’t be getting in, but I’ll be mad if we don’t get in and teams such as Arizona St and Pitt make it.

4 Likes

Well if we don’t make it’ll be because of those teams lol

And I wasn’t going to watch the selection show, but reading this thread has convinced me to tune in. Thank you! :smile:

1 Like

Anxious

I really like Dick Vitale