Senile Pat Jones on the Sports Animal

Here’s my take on it. We have recruits coming in all the time. Winter and summer. Don’t you think it looks odd to not have Barry out front and center to show the all recruits and alumni?
It would be worth far more than a million to show him off

2 Likes

What would you all say to a larger than life all-osu statue field? Right out front. You can walk up to it and take photos with the best players from osu. Something like this:

For real.

1 Like

Where are you getting a million dollar cost from? People wouldn’t like me posting OU links on here but their’s seem to cost between $90-175k. That’s well worth it for a recruiting bump. Show people around the campus and point to Barry & Thurman. Tell them they could have a statue here some day.

3 Likes

You too could be bronze and get peed on by dogs!

1 Like

The base is tall enough it would protect them from regular sized dogs and Clifford isn’t real Scott.

2 Likes

Statues are useless. Show them the trophy room. They know who was here, show them what they did here. Not a bronze form of someone that looks partially like them if you squint.

I think we should crowd find an osu statue in Norman

They know who was here ? I doubt kids fifteen years after most players know who was here. Not Barry, he will forever be an icon … Kids today seem to follow the ones they watched growing up. Leslie O’Neal was a many times pro bowl player, if I’m not mistaken was the defensive POY once. But we hardly mention him

Build it!

1 Like

You don’t think when they walk through the facility they mention that? And we’re on the idea of statues, so we’re talking basically Barry and Thurman. They know who those two are.

32 years?? Lol come on man

1 Like

Yea I’ts definitely not worth the money to put a statue of a golfer but for your cash cow and for recruiting for a real sport that keeps your school afloat it’s absolutely essential!

1 Like

You’re a badass aren’t ya.

Bad takes and Jeff, name a more iconic duo.

2 Likes

Sorry, I have no idea what point you are trying to make. That is, assuming your weak attempt make a point is your intent.

Maybe Pat ought to get with Holder and each count their Big 8, Big 12 and National Championship rings.

Maybe we could even spell his name correctly?

We could leave that to you since you’re the spelling police :roll_eyes:

Yeah, snarky of me. But would be embarrassing to have a statue of “Thurmond Thomas”.

1 Like

I’m positive they will get the spelling right, don’t you ? I’m just commenting, not in charge of getting it made. I’ll see if I can get you in on it