Shrum Says OU Followed UT ‘To the Detriment of the State of Oklahoma’

Spot on.

I just now am seeing this. Well written. But there are some major parts of the story missing.

Land run “Sooners”. I’m quite certain those were all guys on horseback. With boots. Saddles. Pistols. It’d be easy to surmise that those were Cowboys, ammiright?:wink:

The 84 Georgia-OU lawsuit was a MAJOR victory for the entire football world. It changed the TV packages that benefitted every program in the country. That wasn’t something that benefitted or done to solely benefit those 2 schools. You’re taking quite the literary leap to infer that it was anything less than a GameChanger for every university in the country. But hey, let’s not let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Cutting basketball in 90, you’re correct. Still not sure how a university cutting its own programs is somehow a sign of them being sneaky or indicative of how it’s doing the SEC deal? It’s a business move. It wasn’t a well-received one. However, take a look at how much money women’s basketball is making VS how much it’s spending.

The QB’s, I.e transfer looting. Do the names Bryce Thompson, Dax Garmann, Tyreek Hill, Tyler Patton, Calvin Barnett, Chris Carson, Chad Whitener, Joey Graham, John Lucas, Doug Gottlieb, and so on. You also may go take a look at the transfer portal right now. Those kids will all end up somewhere……of their choosing. But again, facts don’t fit the narrative

As for HC’s……Riley & Switzer were Asst’s who got elevated to HC…….just like Mike Gundy & Pat Jones……who were the 2 most successful coaches in Cowboy history. Pat Jones came from Pitt. How did Pat get to Pitt? When Jimmy Johnson was hired……from Pitt. Gundy came from Maryland. So again, pretty interesting read……but loaded with more bark than bite.

Change your name to MicDrop. Cause that was perfection. Your understanding of the culture of the enemy is worthy of great respect.

1 Like

How was Gundy not “home-grown”? Played at OkState from 86 to 89 (or something close to that timeline). Was a Grad Assistant/QB coach for Pat Jones. Was Les Miles’ OC. That’s the definition of homegrown. Yes, he branched our to Baylor and Maryland for a short time, but for all intents and purposes, this is home.

DeMarco Murray is your running backs coach. Would he be homegrown? Cause he played for you guys. But wait, he had to leave Dallas to come home, right?

That’s the only part of your argument that I could punch holes in. The rest may take more time. Haha!

Yea I thought that was funny gundy coming from Maryland
I would have said something but tomato slice doesn’t care for me to correct him.:innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

I couldn’t care less if a coach is home grown or not. He was bringing up a lot of things that he tried to spin as proof that OU somehow has a history or backhanded deals or something. Transfer players, which are everywhere (including the OSU players that I listed in the 2 min it took me to respond).

I would absolutely say Gundy is an OSU guy through and through. But pointing out that somehow OU loots coaches……when OU has hired more former players as HC than OSU has. See, he kinda missed that part. I’m not sure what his criteria is? He lists Switzer as Arkansas, where he played. Lists Riley as a Tech guy, which again is where he played. But lists Bob Stoops as a Florida guy and a Youngstown guy. Stoops never played at either of those places. So I’m not sure what his criteria for being “a hometown guy” even is.

Thank you for clarifying.

1 Like

How many hc at ou have been ou grads.

Two of the last 5. John Blake & Gary Gibbs.

Two of the last 5. John Blake and Gary Gibbs.

Other than Gundy, you have to go back to the late 60’s before you can find an OSU alum as their HC.

Again, that doesn’t bother me one way or the other. But he was spinning some stories that didn’t quite have facts

That would be ur only ou grads isn’t.
Everybody have transfers. So no big deal.
My deal with u is claim baker mayass is a 3 star. Which out of hs is true. But he was the big 12 freshman off. Player. So his number should have changed as a transfer.
There r a couple of riley wannabe bag holders on this site who say he can develop qb. Which I wouldn’t know. Since only has done one and he was a 5 star.

Ok, saying you should reclassify a star rating……AFTER THEYVE PLAYED A YEAR IN COLLEGE? Whatever you think my man. Still doesn’t change what the rating was. But take that away. Look at what Baker was? Hes been demoted and not put on scholarship. So at the time he transferred……he was a non-scholarship backup on a Texas Tech team that finished 6-6. So that’s much closer to a 2 or 3 :star: than a 5​:star:. Baker credited Riley for that. So I’ll believe him. Then came Kyler Murray, who was also a guy that was put on the bench in College Station. Riley turns him into a 1 pick. Kyier credited Riley for that. So I’ll believe him. Then came Jalen Hurts, who had also been benched. What did Riley do for him? Just research it. I think that’s enough proof for me.

You say Riley’s only developed 1 QB & he was a 5 star. I assume you’re talking about Murray? All I know is Riley’s been the QB coach for 4 guys since being at OU. Before he got them, they were backups at their previous school when they left. Of those 4, two were #1 overall picks, the other had his best season of his career that resulted in him going from a undrafted guy the 53rd overall pick. All 3 are starting in the NFL. The 4th is projected to be another 1st rd pick. The proof is in the pudding

Look I know u have some brains. Recruiting is a weird game. A player can be lower then they deserve. On the subject of reclassify, it’s most tranfers. So me saying something that actually happens is normal for me.
Back on coach homegrown. We have quite a few grads hc on campus rite now. I now u only care about football.

I didn’t bring up the homegrown deal. I don’t care where they’re from. Your OSU buddy did. I was just saying that he was misinformed and spewing some skewed “facts”

No I really dnt think riley has developed anything at ou.
But with ou backing him he has stayed a top 20 recruiter.

I
didn’t bring up the homegrown deal. I don’t care where they’re from. Your OSU buddy did. I was just saying that he was misinformed and spewing some skewed “facts”

Well I love the fact we are producing coaches at a great level.
I know if ou did u would feel differently

If you don’t want to give him any credit……so be it. Makes you lose credibility by just coming off as hating anything involving OU. If that’s the case, I’ll try to refrain from responding to you because it’s pointless. Riley has flaws. But coaching QB’s is not one of them

Who are you saying is producing coaches at a great level?