Smurf Turf Road Trip.. Who Goin?

Alright. Who is making the trek up to the land of Potatoes? I am going up tomorrow, visiting a couple of offices there, then burning Boise down starting Friday around noon. For those that have never been to Boise, they have a cool downtown scene where they have several blocks that are pedestrian only with restaurants and bars there. They have a 10 barrel brewing that is pretty solid as well. Supposedly they have a shuttle that runs from downtown to the stadium on game day for free.

7 Likes

We have family up there so we’re making the trip. We’ll get in Friday night late. I have heard that their tailgating scene is a little lacking. Any ideas about Saturday?

1 Like

Around their stadium is all parking. Its prime for Tailgating. We met some really good Boise Fans when they came down to Stilly and they said the tailgating was good. However they did say we had the best atmosphere they had ever seen. I think we are going to watch the early games at a bar or brewery there in downtown and then head on over to the stadium and just walk around and meet folks. You know Boise is referred too as Salt Lake North, so it doesn’t surprise me if the Cola is flowing at the tailgate and the Alcohol is MIA… :rofl:

2 Likes

They actually sell alcohol in and around the stadium now! Their message boards seemed to be against it for the most part which is hilarious to me.

2 Likes

So that just means more for us! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll be there- flying in Friday

6 Likes

Turned this into a golf/football trip. Couple great courses for cheap in the area. Keep an eye out for the MG legend shirt Friday night. I will proudly be wearing it! Safe travels to all.

7 Likes

Was about to book plane tickets a couple weeks ago, then the SO looked at the calendar and had an important work thing Saturday at 6 PM… So moving the TV onto the back patio and having some buddies over.

7 Likes

Opted out but have fun. Considering Austin now. Road trips are the best!

1 Like

I’ll be there! Go pokes!

3 Likes

Time to paint Boise orange and black

2 Likes

General FYI, masks are required in the stadium at Boise

5 Likes

Luckily we’re playing in Boise. :wink:

4 Likes

Took me way too long to figure this one out :sweat_smile:

Edit: change that back @ThePriceIsRight!

2 Likes

Thanks for the catch - I got it changed now, but had to fight autocorrect on it.

2 Likes

So. What I was just told about masks. They are “required”. But it’s loosely enforced. In fact there was an article yesterday in the newspaper talking about how they are going to do incentives for people who are wearing them. I had lunch with a season ticket holder and he said no one was wearing them last week. Not turning this into a political debate about masks. Just stating what I am told!

1 Like

I’m not surprised to hear that - enforcement inside a football stadium sounds like quite a challenge.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up so they can bring a mask in case they weren’t planning on it.

5 Likes

I remember last year they tried to enforce it for the first half of the first game. Then they just gave up. :rofl:

7 Likes

If Covid doesn’t kill me, the Oklahoma State offense will!

9 Likes