South Carolina, Boynton's Alma Mater, Has Coaching Vacancy

I like Boynton and hope he stays.

If there were two things I could change about him:

1. Tuck in your polo shirt; and
  2. Require players to keep their shirts tucked in.
1 Like

Well go to sooner scoop and cry about Lincoln with them then

So he knew he was going to have to suspend four players and also deal with a post season ban and scholarship reductions?

I mean he is the one that recruited and signed them should’ve had somewhat of an idea what kind of character they had

Are you willing to say the same about some of the guys Gundy’s recruited?

Your just sore that he can have the ncaa looming over his head and have other programs using that aginst him and he still pulls the number 1 kid in the country along with multiple 4 stars. I know gundy can’t recruit but don’t hold it aginst Boynton.

1 Like

Lol well I’m sure glad that number 1 recruit provided so much success :rofl:

Who’s been boo hooing saying any of those kids were the reason he had a poor season? The only major turnover season with kicking kids off came from a bunch of punks les miles recruited.

Right…and keeping a kid on the team that hit his former teammate in the face with a beer bottle is acceptable. Got it!!!

It’s better than having Tyreek Hill and still finding a way to go 6-6.

1 Like

Lol bring up chit from ten years ago.
There are 150 guy on a football team. Ten times.

Look it al boils down to button doesn’t improve players.
You talk about no pros on 2017 waters and crime dog were on that team. Throw in the other in that class I was total disappointed.
If the boone brother don’t leave he needs to get Kaleb back on the floor more.
Back in the day self use to play alot of guys. He has changed

Yes because all my comments say it’s acceptable, your just mad because when Gundy does have to kick people off he still manages a winning season with a bunch of 3 stars

Funny how we went 10-3 without him, meanwhile we struggled to be .500 without Cade and everyone coming back

OK, wow, so many bad takes.

• Nothing “just happened” to Boynton outside his control. He’s been here five years. He’s responsible for his recruits and his team.
  • Did someone just ask “who are we going to get?” We ought to be able to grab almost any mid major coach we want like we grabbed Underwood.
  • Stop comparing Gundy to Boynton. They aren’t in the same conversation. One is the best coach we’ve ever had in a sport and one is Mike Boynton.

Stop comparing them? are you…

“One is the best coach we’ve ever had in a sport and one is Mike Boynton.”

I don’t know about you, but making the G League after two-three years doesn’t necessarily mean they’re going to have any kind of significant imprint on the NBA. Pretty pathetic that you’re having to use the G League as an excuse. It’s like bragging about having guys in the Canadian football league (which you’ve done). Nobody is going to care or give a rat’s a55 how many players from your school went to the CFL. In fact, they would probably laugh in your face or say “that’s cool” which also means they could care less.

Yep!!! 10-3 with nothing to show for it but 11-2 rings even though Gundy lost to Central Michigan.

Yep!!! So is Gundy but he tries to keep them on the team. While Boynton gets rid of them.

The best coach that can’t win another conference title because of his own coaching blunders. Then people blame the players instead of the guy’s bad plan.

Boynton is still a relatively unproven commodity as a head coach for all the reasons stated in this thread, both pro and con. He is proven to have passion and to be genuinely vested in his players.

The transfer portal combined with the nil has created a yearly ‘free agency’ for college athletes. I have to agree with Coach Pat Jones in that college athletics is on a very lucrative death bed. With the freedom to seek out the best ‘deal’ every offseason, college athletes have to be patronized more than ever. Even pro sports doesn’t allow complete free agency every year!!

This free agency makes it increasingly difficult for football especially. We have always had to develop talent for the most part out of 2/3 star high schoolers. Nothing wrong with that either. Later developing kids who weren’t physically mature until a year or two after high school have been great for us. Now, if they do develop into big time players, they can use the transfer portal to just cash in where ever the NIL offers are most lucrative and may not finish their careers with us. :upside_down_face: :roll_eyes: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

In the current climate, for all reasons other than pay, I would rather have a daily root canal than coach Division One college athletics. It is difficult enough to just stay a fan.

GO POKETTES!! GO POKES!! :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face:

Having intelligent takes on here will be a stretch for you but at least be consistent with what you say. You might be the biggest hypocrite on here.