Spencer... What is in a name?

I’m with when he came out of the pocket he was free. If he didn’t throw it he could have walked for 10 yards.
I’m glad he throw those passes. Our defense would at least knock them down, that’s better then him running free.

Wasn’t going on with isu. Are they just going to go under the radar. I’ve never been overly impressed with purty. He can be got to. They have a good scheme.

So……a true Freshman gets inserted into the Cotton Bowl. He throws for 212yds and runs for 88yds, throws for 2 TDS, runs for 1 TD……IN ONE HALF OF FOOTBALL. Oh yeah, he also did not commit a turnover. If that’s not “super impressive” to you…….then you sir have an extremely high bar. You say his “big plays carried a quite a bit of luck”, I disagree. There’s “luck” I guess in a lot of situations. But him throwing a ball 60+ on the run isn’t luck. That’s arm talent. Him picking up a dropped snap, firing a rope into a tight window on 3rd down for a TD in the Texas end of the stadium isn’t “luck”. That’s poise. That’s arm talent. That’s mobility. Those aren’t “luck”. Him waiting for a hole to develop and then breaking a tackle to outrun guys on his way to a 66 yd TD run on 4th down isnt “luck”.

OSU’s defense is much better than the one Texas puts out there every Sat so they will definitely be a tougher matchup for Williams & OU. But I’ll have to wait and see before I’m ready to say he’s gonna get picked off a few times and/or fumble it too during Bedlam. You may be right. But for you to assume that based off of his performance in the Cotton Bowl is going out on a massive, massive limb.

1 Like

Purty isn’t very good. He seems like he’s digressed over the years. I honestly this is really what type of talent Iowa St is. I think last year was the exception to the rule. They’re a good team. Not great at all. Not real talented. Just a tough, gritty team. The three “good” teams in this Conf are OU, OSU & Texas. But as far as how those 3 compare to the rest of the college football world……who the hell knows. I think this is just another year in which it’s the SEC & everybody else. OU is talented, but they’ve shown thru 6 games who they are. There’s a chance Williams turns this team into something way better than they’ve shown so far……but I doubt it. My eyeballs tell me that OU is just a little better than the rest of the a bad Conf. OSU may win the Conf. Texas May too. OU is the favorite. But I don’t think any of the 3 are anything to brag about

Purty ran more. Not sure if he is try to prove his is a pro style. They have a system.
Williams will be a handful for everybody. I can only hope he has a bad day with us.

Let me rephrase that then, if he runs that same sneak on 4th down vs us, especially with how quickly Texas was able to get upfield on that play, he doesn’t go the distance against us. Probably doesn’t even get the first. And either of the two prayers he threw don’t get completed against us. The Texas DBs had no clue where the ball was or what was going on. He also wouldn’t have 10+ seconds to throw those passes against us. Point being, what he got away with Saturday doesn’t fly against good defenses. He never had to make any tight throws or anything.

We have a little difference of opinion, which is fine. I guess we can just wait and see. You think the OSU defense is a little better than what I do, which is fine. I think theyre the best defense in a Conf full of bad defenses. I will say that this statement “he never had to make any tight throws or anything” is false. You did not watch the game then. Go find that 14yd TD pass to Mims. Then go look at the final drive. You act like the Texas defense just had no one within 10 yards of a WR. You also may wanna pump the brakes on how bad that defense is until around 2:30 this coming Sat.

I think the Texas defense is basic the same they had last year, minus their big play maker the de.
Last year we scored 34 points while turning te ball over 4 times.
Tcu scored 29 while turning over 3 times this year.
Tech scored 35. I think had 2 turnovers
Ou scored 52 with 2 turnovers and a qb change
Yes ur rite the Texas d is better then we think.

Ehh Texas is giving up 40 points per game to FBS teams. They gave up 360 rushing yards on basically a first down per carry to OU. Thats not a defense to write home about. OU had a 3rd and short on the last drive of the game and Texas ran a 3 man front with zero gap LBs.:joy::joy: if there was a playbook full of ten thousand defensive plays, that would literally be the last call you would ever want to use in that situation. Brooks was 15 yards downfield before anyone got close to him. Their gap assignments are also atrociously bad, as you saw on just about every run play Ou had all game, especially on the house call runs in short yardage. We’ll put it this way- Out of the 3 conference teams OSU has played, this will be the worst defense they’ve faced.

2 Likes

We still have ou and tech defenses.
Tech has given up 70.
Ou just let an ok passer throw for 366 yards.
Just saying.

1 Like

OU’s defense isn’t bad. They just had a bad game (or Texas had a good offensive game, which worries me). That being said, once Ou started pressuring Thompson things went way downhill for Texas. That’s our specialty.

1 Like

Ou defense has had a few not great days. 35 Tulane. If u are talking about west Virginia, they just cant score on anybody.

Has anybody heard if Texas got a couple of line man hurt.

Based on the spread and O/U, Vegas thinks this will be a 34-27 Texas win. I would just be careful with how youre spouting off about how bad a team like Texas supposedly is 4 days BEFORE you play them. I think Texas defense is a lot better than what you apparently do. One of us better come on here Sat afternoon and eat a little crow. I say Texas will run for more yards than OSU does. I think Texas wins a close one. I HOPE IM WRONG.

1 Like

They lost their RG during the game Sat

1 Like

OU has had 2 bad defensive games in a row (KState/Texas).

I love crow mmmm.:innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::blush::blush::blush::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

If OSU scores 27 that’ll be the 2nd most they’ve scored in a game this season. It can be true that both Texas has a terrible defense and OSU can still lose. I never said anything about OSU definitely winning. Just said Texas’ defense stinks. OSU struggling to score would be less about Texas having a good defense and more about OSU struggling to score on every team they’ve played all year, including Missouri state.

2 Likes

Would have mention ksu but 7 points was not the defense. So 24 is not switzer great but not bad.

I hope Sanders got the trunovers out of his system after Baylor. 35 to 28 osu.
Sanders spotted Texas 28 points last year. We will give up a couple of big plays. If we both go to the run game it could 24 to 17.