Spring Preview: Arrival of Ollie Gordon Changes Expectations for RB in 2022

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/spring-preview-arrival-of-ollie-gordon-changes-expectations-for-rb-in-2022/

What to expect from the RB position as spring camp approaches.

1 Like

Cool, what about an offensive line and a quarterback?

1 Like

Richardson will still be a Sophomore in 2022 as far as eligibility is concerned. He played his freshman year in 2020, which did not count. So in 2021 he was a freshman again. OSU strangely lists their roster as if 2020 did exhaust a year if eligibility, even though it did not.

1 Like

I’d like to see us move Middleton to slot. We’re stacked at receiver but the kid’s going to fall further down the depth chart at RB.

2 Likes

I thought so as well when I was reading that he’s going to be a junior in eligibility.

As with all the RB’s they bring in, they were all superstars in HS. Time will tell if it translates to D-1. I like the size of Gordon. If they could put 10-15 pounds on him it would be even better to have a punishing back.

2 Likes

Can we be honest here? Unless we have maybe the next freshman that can replicate a Justice Hill these guys are only going to go as far as the offensive line decides to push.

2 Likes

Ah justice hill the lowly three star

1 Like

We have 2 4 stars coming in u always told us thats all we need.

1 Like

Let’s see I think this might be the 100th time I’ve said this. I’ve never said three star recruits can’t be good. I’ve always said more often than not four stars end up being better and have a better path to the pros. Which is why we need more of them.

No I haven’t. I’ve always said we need a minimum of six every year.

I’m lost we need 6 4 star running backs.

Why is having 4 stars better then 3 stars. I’m lost on this one too.

No we don’t need it for running backs, but we do need at least one for the offensive line apparently. Did you not read anything I’ve written? These guys will only go as far as the OL is willing to push.

We got a four star lineman.
No I dnt read ur chit. It never makes sense.

1 Like

You have to be able to read it first before you determine if it makes sense. Then again we all know you have problems with understanding context. I can’t say I’m surprised though.

Yes mister 6 win guy. That is not misunderstood by anyone. Never had 6 wins under gundy. And only had less the 6 1 time. Coming of 3 season of 8 or more.
Do we call Baylor a 2 win team from now on.

I don’t care what you call Baylor. I guess we could call them three-time conference champions. Wish we could say the same about Gundy and OSU football.

1 Like

Worked his behind off to become a 4, something that never happens at programs like UT. :innocent:

You need to go outside, lift the hood on whatever it is you drive, and take a big bite of the POSITIVE battery post.

Your negative energy and commentary is depressing.

1 Like

I’m not being negative. I’m just being realistic. I’ve watched a program have to rebuild twice since 2016 win another conference title. I’ve watched another program that hasn’t necessarily had to rebuild decide they aren’t interested in championship football.