Spring Preview: Who Will Emerge from a Group of Talented at Running Backs?

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/spring-preview-who-will-emerge-from-a-group-of-talented-at-running-backs/

The Cowboys have options.

If Ollie has to split carries and ends up transferring, people will not be happy. I am people.

3 Likes

Won’t matter if the Oline can’t block.

3 Likes

True

1 Like

It’s not the jimmy’s and joe’s in Boon Pickens stadium anymore. Its about the head coach. Love the early spring football talk and excitement about the new guys coming in. Its always about the new guys because what we have had the last decade are players that we are ready to either leave or be replaced by another hopeful. Rinse and repeat with Gundy.

2 Likes

I didnt even know zach was gone. Its ok. 5th rb not big enough for fullback.
We still have to get the slot guys carries too. Rite.
@travis5266 if ollie doesnt work out he will get that many carries.
Your basing ollie on one game. I thought the same thing about Richardson. He never developed his vision

1 Like

Oh if we only had lil Presley :roll_eyes::roll_eyes: lol

1 Like

Richardson problem too was he never learned to keep his head up, not head down and plowing right into a logjam. Ollie learned that fast. Most of his yards were outside the tackles

1 Like

We won’t know yet until we see what he does at Tulsa.

Considering we play Central Arkansas the first game one would think plenty of players are going to get to play. Not that running up yards and the score on Central Arkansas really means anything, but I’ll be in attendance and I want to see what these guys have to offer. I might travel out to Tempe but I haven’t decided yet.

Looks like AZ State has been busy with the transfer portal. According to this site: 2023 College Football Team Transfer Portal Rankings they were rated 9th while we were rated 62nd.

Yea okay joy, keep hope alive for lil Presley. At least mommy gets to watch him🙄

1 Like

Who knows, maybe we’ll meet them in a bowl.

So what if he ends up being a 1,000 yard receiver with 10-12 touchdowns? Are you going to actually retract that statement and admit you’re wrong? Or are you going to make the excuse that the American sucks?

Are going to admit your expectations were too high when he doesn’t joy. ? Sometimes you run your mouth just to run it. A 165 lb RB with a thousand yards ? Playing Tulsa schedule … I know you’re a Gundy hater but why would you expect me to apologize for a transfer , that’s a mommas boy ? Do you really think I care what he does going forward

1 Like

He played receiver. Maybe he will run the ball some but he’s not going to be a primary runner for Tulsa. I never said anything about him being a runner. I just think he wants the chance to prove himself out on the field. Because we all know Gundy values experience over talent. He’s never made it a secret and has publicly stated it. If that weren’t true then Richardson wouldn’t have gotten more snaps than Nixon or Gordon (when healthy).

I never said you had to apologize for a transfer. Why would you? All I’ve simply stated is that you shouldn’t count your chicken’s eggs before they hatch. No, I don’t think you care what he does going forward. Because if it were anything positive we’ll know you’ll be at the front of the excuse line when it comes time.

1 Like

Joy I think you’re wrong he wanted to be a back, but I’m not going to look it up for you. Why didn’t he stay, his redshirt was saved, he still had 4 years to prove his self. Why would I make excuses if he has some success ? His deal is in space, that’s his way to have success. He fumbled or didn’t catch the ball as many touches as he had. Why didn’t he stick around and get stronger ? Best strength coach there is. I think he thought he was bigger than the program, not a team player

1 Like

Joy has lots of problems with reality.

Lil p will be fine at lil University

He left us not the other way round. He dropped down. 2 things. No body good wanted him or if some one wanted him he he choose to stay close to momma t

1 Like

Yea I didn’t hear of a lot of Auburn’s ,uo didn’t offer so he went where he could have mommy watch him play and eat her cooking everyday. His choice :cowboy_hat_face:.
Reality isn’t joy strong suit

1 Like

You’re asking a question we’ll never know because this is a coaching staff that has made it a point to keep everything hush hush. As far as putting himself above the team I guess that’s a possibility without having any concrete evidence suggesting so. I would say that shouldn’t apply to players only but the coaching staff as well.

Reality is we’re going backwards instead of forward. Did this past season and transfer portal not teach you anything? We have a 3rd string injury prone QB that’s most likely going to be our starter. You need to look up what the word reality really means. I’m fairly positive you won’t find the words “wishful” or “thinking” applied to its definition.