Stillwater Stars 2020

Really hoping this doesn’t get canceled :sweat_smile:

Went ahead and created a thread for this because one of my all time favorites just committed to play this summer.

5 Likes

That’s a really solid 5 names as far as nostalgia for the post-Sutton era. I’m not sure, but I assume TBT is probably 12 man rosters? If so, obviously depending on who’s in playing shape and available, I’d love to see guys like Markel, Obi, Mike Cobbins, James Anderson, maybe Darrell Williams?

1 Like

I like all of the players on your list. I would like to see Jawun Evans added since they don’t have a true point guard yet.

Jameson and Terrell Harris for shooting

Jameson is 34… might be past his prime

I am confused, who is sponsoring this league? Is it part of the NBA Developmental League?

Here’s some info about it

1 Like

:rotating_light::muscle:t3:

6 Likes

Woo boy, I was already looking forward to this, now I’m all the way in.

3 Likes

You guys just thought you were done watching Dizzy shoot arrows into the sky. This is probably @marshall’s fault :joy:

2 Likes

I would much rather see some of the other older guys play than Lindy and Dizzy honestly. We have been watching them for years, I miss the older guys.

3 Likes

I found it weird to have those two there. Jameson would have been really cool.

1 Like

A mix is good. I too want to see some of the older guys (even some past their overseas pro days), but young legs/lungs are a good thing.

I guess they’re not holding up hope of a (second) senior year. It’d be tough to give up a share of $2 million if they win the darn thing.

I’ve narrowed it down to Cobbins and Leyton Hammonds. I think it’s Cobbins :eyes:

Update: it’s Cobbins!

4 Likes

Does anyone think this team will actually have a shot? No clue about competition because I haven’t watched TBT, but as much as we love the squad… the talent is :man_shrugging:t2: To me. Lebryan Nash is the best player… and I mean he’s really good yeah, but I just don’t see a ton of actual talent. Fun yes, but I’m afraid we might not see much of them.

1 Like

I mean Brown, Carroll, Forte, Moses, and Cobbins are all pretty talented. The only ones I think are kinda meh are Dizzy, Lindy and Williams. I think this team will be good. I’m just hoping they add Jawun Evans. That would be awesome.

1 Like

I think the starting 5 will be more than serviceable. The bench gets real thin. So I guess we just hope absolutely no one has a bench and Moses bangs some people around to free up the high flyers

1 Like