Syracuse Transfer Woody Newton Commits to Oklahoma State

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/syracuse-transfer-woody-newton-commits-to-oklahoma-state/

Boynton picks up a PF who can hit 3s.

So Dee won’t be on scholarship. I figured that would be the case but you never know. We definitely need it that’s for sure.

That if we get two more guys. If Avery goes thats 3 guys. And till oe of them leaves mid-season.

I don’t understand why articles try to make a player better than he was. He got scrub minutes and barely played any games in conferences. Truth is he is the 9th man on Syracuse’s roster who played in 5 out 16 conference games. He’s a freshman that will have 4 years but odds are he’s not going to contribute much next year.

1 Like

Totally
He played in first 6 games in 13 days.
2nd semester Played in like 5 with 11 minutes.
And he shot like under 20 3’s going 3 of 4 in one game help his %.
His recuirting took a hit. Start in 2018 as the 54 player and 98. Went down from there.
I’m not say he can’t do it here. I hope he can.

1 Like

I will add that I think he’s got potential and we really just need a big man added to the team that doesn’t necessarily have to be a dominant big man but someone like kouma was last year to help relieve Boone and Moncrieffe when they get into foul trouble and need a breather but also allows us to play 2 bigs all the time. If we can add Thompson to the team that will really make us a contender next year.

1 Like

Its hard to tell with no video. I have a feeling he is more of an offensive player. So he will need to learn D.
I was hoping for a taller guy. By what I can find out he gain 30 lbs. Dnt know how that plays.

Typical Boynton offer. The portal is full of quality guys and he hands a scholarship to a guy who was a non factor at another power 5 school.

1 Like

Boy that was out of the blue. Hope he’s not panic picking. I guess it could be worse for sure but hope he pans out.

1 Like

Tanner Groves very good big man transfers to OU. Groves is the type of player the Pokes need. He dropped 32pts against KU in the tourney.

1 Like