That one time in Stillwater

See the Bryce Thompson thread for mine.

5 Likes

Doing the Lord’s work @PicklesandRanch, the We Want Bryce Community thanks you!

2 Likes

@DrewM ruined my time in Stillwater

7 Likes

1 Like

I’ve got a couple stories, and hopefully I’ll have a couple more by the time I’m out of here. My freshman year all of these electric scooters you could pay to ride popped up around campus, so myself and a couple of friends rented them and raced them around campus for a couple of hours. We ended up doing “real-life Mario Cart” in the parking garage by Stout.

3 Likes

Stealing sigma chi composites

1 Like

Everyone needs to chip in here. This could be fun

1 Like

Accidentally rode a scooter into Theta Pond my freshman year during homecoming weekend. Alcohol may have been involved. Fun times.

3 Likes

Nice bro! Did you get any superpowers from getting into the water?

2 Likes

I had a Real Estate finance class with Scott Sutton.

Is this the type of story you were wanting?

6 Likes

Bingo.

1 Like

09 grad here for the 00?? reference

2 Likes

Let’s see, I got the cops called on me during the final Thunder-Blazers playoff game my freshman year. I guess my friends and I were too loud, and instead of coming to us, or the floors CM, my neighbors called the cops. This happened at the end of the game, so the police left just in time for me to sit back down and watch Dame hit the shot over PG. Plus, I had an eighth of an… illicit substance in my closet, two six packs in my fridge, and managed to just hide a bottle of Fireball while my friend opened the door to the cops. Not a good time :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

You used to be able to run the stairs in Lewis stadium to exercise. My friends and I did that quite a bit before the renovations started. Much better than the stair masters in the Colvin pre-renovation!

My most fabulous memories were of dances in the Union Ballroom. Some happened in high school at 4-H Roundup & there were some in college too. Walking out on the deck of the third floor at night was magical… then you’d walk over to the fountain at the Library and wade. :two_hearts:

I loved to dance at the Tumbleweed while underage. I was in show choir in HS and could do flips & swing. I was a complete show off, so much fun! :heart_eyes:

And of course my infamous story in the Bryce thread. I did get called into Standards a couple of times my freshman year. I joked about being on the first floor with a HS guy friend. It was a running thing and someone thought I was being serious. :woman_shrugging: Then the notorious Jezebel incident. :woman_shrugging: Then I had dated too many guys too fast. I just went on several first dates. :woman_shrugging:

I finally got a steady boyfriend the summer after my freshman year and everyone on 6th Street breathed a sigh of relief. :joy::rofl::joy:

4 Likes

Even though I’m still in school and have some wild stories, one that always make me chuckle is James Washington and I having an in-class assignment together over depreciation in Farm and Ranch Management. Ran into him last Friday before the spring game and we chatted for a brief second. Just your average dude that likes to farm and make millions in the NFL.

7 Likes

Here’s one, my first wife lived in Bennett’s. XLK also lived in Bennett. I was doing laundry and came to check on it and my clothes had been taken out and some large cleats and practice gear had been put in, I was pretty sure it was XLK because he was going is as I was going out. So when I realized it, I took his sh$t and threw it out. Thankfully my clothes were about done so I didn’t have to deal with the repercussions.

1 Like

We stacked the pool at the reserves about 10 beer cans deep all the way around one time at a massive all day pool party. They got a loooooot more strict about resident policy after that. Got sunburned so bad my shoulders blistered and I still have freckles from it but it was worth it. Lol

Met my wife walking down the sidewalk after we shut down Murphy’s one night after the bar crawl (pre-Outlaws days).

I was a Manager at Hibbett’s full time finishing my degree. I opened and hired all the staff at the store on Perkins when we split off from the small one on Main that isn’t there anymore.

Need a computer for this lol.

1 Like

Junior year was a great time… Edmon Low was having some renovation work done and had scaffolding all the way up to the spire. Well a buddy of mine thought it’d be a great idea if we all decided to climb it, there were stairs of course to the top, we’re not THAT stupid. After reaching the top and taking pictures, we find a square opening to the spiral staircase in the tower and take it down to the top floor of the library. Mind you, the library still closed at night at this point. Well once we entered, the door locked behind us so we were stuck with the only ways out being through the locked door or the emergency door that would sound alarms. It was 4am, and after running around everywhere in the library, we ended up having to call one of our friends to get out of bed, drive to campus, climb the scaffolding, travel down the spiral staircase and open the door for us. Still can’t believe he did that haha. We were home free… Was great until one of the girls posted a picture about it online. Student conduct got a hold of us, threatened us with felonies of some sort but got off with some essay writing about “what we learned”.

6 Likes

These were all great. Didn’t know there was a hibbets on main

1 Like

I looked a few times for a way to that staircase from inside the library and could never find it

1 Like