The one that got away?

Who’s the one recruit that flipped on us that you always wish would’ve stuck? For me the idea of Ryan Broyles overlapping the Dez Bryant then Justin Blackmon eras would’ve been sick.

Also curious how ridiculous booked Defensive Ends of Obo Okoronkwo and Emanuel Ogbah would’ve been

1 Like

If Broyles would have came to OSU, gas prices in Stilly would have skyrocketed due to mysterious shortages at the pump.:rofl:

3 Likes

Haha true. Another one that is from a bit ago, and maybe not as remembered was Eric Norwood from around 2006 or so. He flipped to S. Carolina and was a terror as a 3-4 OLB for them

Laquan Tredwell. Would have loved to have him in 13 and 15.

6 Likes

Agreed, but we couldn’t afford his asking price.

7 Likes

Ronald Jones! Him flipping to USC back in 2015 left us limited at running back. Luckily Justice Hill panned out.

1 Like

Hear, hear. I’m definitely in agreement: it’s Ronald Jones for me, too.

1 Like

That’s a good one. At least with Justice we only really lost one year, but ■■■■ they would’ve been a ridiculous duo!

Also, if Jones is there he may have been Main back and therefore Justice is maybe here this year to further prove himself? Just a though

1 Like

Finishing 2nd for treadwell and Tyron Johnson was awful. Can you guys imagine how good Tyron would have been if he started at osu? We’d have another 1st round WR on the resume.

But RoJo flipping was the absolute worst. Especially given his sister was at osu, we needed him, and the backstory of @leecothran helping out.

2 Likes

I still root against Ronald Jones to this day. Call me petty (I admit it) but someone that was that important to the future of the team stabbing us in the back like that without a single sign of flipping…well, I don’t mind seeing him struggle in Tampa Bay, that’s all.

Colin Clay last year. Would have been huge to pair with Trace Ford. Got outworked by Chad Morris for an OKC kid when Morris had SMU’s recruiting budget.

1 Like

Well, Tyreek too.

Tyreek Hill being a bonehead and not on the 2015 squad.

Recruit wise, I’m going with hoops and Gerald Green.

4 Likes

Bo Nickel. A 3 time champion and 4 time finalist from Allen freaking Texas went to Penn State to wrestle instead of Oklahoma State. Can’t get over that.

1 Like

Antwann Jones, because my wife is a Memphis grad and we talk major trash when OSU plays Memphis.

I’ve thought about this way longer than I should’ve, but I’ve settled on 2020 RB Sevion Morrison.

I know that name probably doesn’t ring a bell, but he’s a Tulsa RB that’s committed to Nebraska. All through the 2018/2019 season, the trio of Morrison, Myles Slusher (4 star S - Oregon commit), and Javian Hester (4 star WR - Mizzou commit), openly wanted to play together at… OSU. But Gundy never offered Sevion.

At the time, he was an undersized, meh 3 star back. Now he’s blossomed to a 247 4 star. If we had offered early 2019, all 3 would’ve committed to OSU. PLUS - Slusher is teammates with Andrew Raym and would’ve recruited him here hardcore.

So in a not so distant reality, offering Morrison would’ve gotten us the top 5 OK kids in the 2020 FB recruiting class.

6 Likes

You are absolutely correct … particularly disturbing that Gundy has examples all over previous recruiting classes where he showed flexibility to other recruits to secure a commitment etc … that strategy has worked and failed … my point is… Gundy talks a good game about the word ‘consistent’ when it suits him … but, in no way is Gundy ‘consistent’ in his decision-making… examples throughout his tenure

I remember that. But it’s still painful to read.

So they wanted to play together… but all 3 went to different places??

1 Like