The Removal of ‘Murray’ from OSU Buildings Is Not Only Justified, It’s Long Overdue

I want more minorities and more equality in the NBA. I think since white players only make up 23 percent of the NBA we should advocate for equal playing time among white players and the minority players of the NBA should all have the equivalent salary of LeBron James. Let’s get this movement started!!!

1 Like

Really, only way to remember racists and people who committed genocide is to put their names up on buildings and have statues of them? You need to wake up and smell reality. Majority of people of all colors and races do not want any form of racism in society and memories of the same in their face. That is what the decision to remove Murray’s name in a small way represents. The most powerful people running the university collectively and unanimously decided to remove Murray’s name.

Removing a name from a building is not erasing the past. If you want to reminisce of the racist past, you can always go to the library (or search online) for the good books that tell the racist perspectives and enjoy the same. The rest of the society wants to move on and evolve just like a lot of other things in life …

3 Likes

Kato, that would be doing blacks Injustice and hurt our goal that blacks a trying to achieve and that’s talking about racism and not hiding racist stuff? At least that’s what they tell me when I’m silent.

I’m confused now.

In case you hadn’t noticed, there isn’t much happening in the world of sports these days. Should they start giving daily updates on European football or Korean baseball? Would that keep you coming back for more?

No one is rewriting history. They aren’t taking him out of history books. They are just choosing not to continue to place a great honor on him by naming a building on the OSU campus after him. Removing statues is not rewriting history. It is choosing not to honor people that did horrific things. None of those statues made any mention to the slavery they supported. They were all to honor the people for other things. Removing those statues doesn’t change any of that as history will still be taught in the books were it can be fully expounded upon and both sides revealed.

5 Likes

Politics Firing Blog

Scott6, you are right except that maybe the history books should be rewritten. I grew up in Stillwater and took the required Oklahoma History classes and did not read one thing about what a racist Murray was. It seems to me that taking the name off the buildings is bringing the horrific ideas of this man to light. This is a very good thing. It makes me sad that some of my fellow Oklahoman’s think the way they do. It does not reflect well on us as a state. The perception of our state is not good and these kinds of attitudes do not help. Heck, I live in Virginia and it feels far more tolerant and inclusive here than what I’m seeing from my home state.

1 Like

Strange how I didn’t say anything about removing statues or names from a building. Once again here come the ASSUMPTION police.

I like to know information about these people from the past. You know why? Because it teaches me and others what happens when we’re doomed to repeat it.

You know who wants the holocaust erased? People that don’t like Jews. Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, and the list goes on. Even groups that claim justification for society can go rogue. You know who else tried to erase history and start a new revolution? Joseph Stalin did this as well.

It is baffling people are mad about this… It is also pathetic and embarrassing.

Cant wait for the angry responses that I wont read.

1 Like

You heard it here folks! According to jeff16, the kkk doesn’t exist anymore. :laughing:

Here is a list of known kkk groups still active in the United States:

Alliance of American Klans
Cookeville, TN
Mississippi
Dayton, OH

American Christian Dixie Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
Tennessee
Illinois
Indiana
Florida
Kentucky
Mississippi
New York
North Carolina
Ohio

American Christian Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
Moselle, MS

Church of the National Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
South Bend, IN
Kentucky

Confederate Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
Richmond, VA

East Coast Knights of the True Invisible Empire
Pennsylvania

Exalted Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
Tennessee

Honorable Sacred Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
Madison, IN

Imperial Klans of America
Dawson Springs, KY

International Keystone Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
Florida
Georgia
Mississippi

Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
Harrison, AR

Ku Klos Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
Lawrenceville, IL

Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
Pelham, NC
Maryland
New York
Ohio
Virginia

Noble Klans of America
New Jersey

Nordic Order Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
Indiana
Kentucky

Pacific Coast Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
California
Alpena, MI
Oregon

Patriotic Brigade Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
Gladewater, TX
Louisiana
Oklahoma
South Carolina

Rebel Brigade Knights True Invisible Empire
Martinsville, VA

Traditionalist American Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
Florida

United Dixie White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
Mississippi

United Klans of America
Alabama
Morrison, TN

United Northern and Southern Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
Ellijay, GA

White Knights of Texas
DeKalb, TX

1 Like

LOL I picked of these groups at random and looked them up. There were nine members of that group the best I could tell. Sounds like a huge endemic problem to me (joking). To be clear racism still exists that is for sure but it is nothing like it was 60 years ago or at the levels that some are claiming that it is currently.

Agreed on needing to rewrite the history books. Only way I ever learned about the Tulsa Race Massacre was because my teacher went off script one day, and I grew up in Bartlesville, only 45 minutes away.

Don’t agree with the truth? Erase it. Take it away and it never happened. In it’s place grows managed deception. We stand upon the shoulders of those who came before us - the good, bad, and the ugly. It is what has made America. Facing our human history in America, and it is human, for human failings are world wide - allows us to individually check our biases, hopefully understand our commonality, and is what makes America unique and ever growing. In order to understand and grow, Truth is necessarily painful. Reading about Gov. Murray is painful. And truthfull. And none of us would be discussing this and growing from it, had these building not been named after him. So what happens to those who come after us, those who stand upon OUR shoulders?

1 Like

So we should leave his name on the building because people don’t like it and bring it up so you can learn how awful he was?

You don’t think when people see a statue that they look it up and find out history about it?

People like Brent say we need to talk about racism to make things better lol right Brent?

And then he says we need to rip down the conversation piece So nobody can have a conversation piece. Brent dosent know what he is fighting for and he can’t even tell you that be cause he contradicts himself all the time. Be gone Brent!

BERQ4XuaKEZnq

Dude who the hell is having conversations about racism because of a building name? Who ever walked into that building and thought “Because of Murray I have realized racism is bad and his name on this building reminds me daily not to be a racist like him.” Like come on dude grow up. The reality is nobody really even knew who Murray was until like 2 weeks ago. Someone brought it up that he was super racist and OSU realized it was smart to disconnect him from OSU. Taking his name off the building gave everyone a history lesson and in that history lesson we learned he was a dick and there is no need to acknowledge him or honor him ever. Now we can move on in our lives and never have to think about Murray again just like we did before…

1 Like