The Rundown: Everything Mike Gundy Said in His Pre-Texas News Conference on Monday

Originally published at: The Rundown: Everything Mike Gundy Said in His Pre-Texas News Conference on Monday | Pistols Firing

On the run game, the substitution rule and more.

We had a hard time running the ball last year as well and then bam! Warren got a chance. I think Nixon got a couple of carries and Ollie had one or two. We also seemed to be getting pretty decent penetration running north/south in the first half and stopped trying that in the second half. Am I mistaken?

Gudys refusal to change as he stated is the reason he doesn’t win championships and it’s that simple. It’s been in front of our faces for 18 years and his thinking and staying in the “box” directly shows the consistency of coming up short. You’ve watched him for 18 years win 9 10 11 games a year and that’s what we will always have with him at the helm. It will happen year after year but some fans hope for different results. Nothing is changing along with bad offensive line play.

1 Like

Isn’t basketball around the corner?

I guess we will have to see what transpires in the Texas game. In today’s conference Gundy seemed satisfied overall with what they were doing, even though they lost. That can feel disheartening as it seems that some adjustments are in order. However if you think about it there is no way Gundy is going to tell the press, us and Texas what they are really going to do this week to adjust. So today he essentially said nothing regarding adjustment plans.

1 Like

The thing is jeff is a crier and wants a coach that crys too

Robert is a loser and loves his loser coach who hasn’t won a title in over 11 years.

Lol you still can leave. Is jeff your new daughter. You guys are a match, both have problems with facts and reality

Seven sacks equals fact.

@ar1 So what game did the 7 sacks take place in?

Texas Tech October 5, 2019 in Lubbock. They’re trying to say because we had the leading rusher in the nation that we didn’t have offensive line problems. I was pointing out that 7 sacks in one game is a problem. It doesn’t surprise me that y’all don’t see the problem. When your nose is up Gundy’s backside, it’s hard to see anything.

1 Like

You really have issues.

You just keep licking.

Gundy said they just need to keep doing what they are doing and get better. That’s the whole reason we aren’t getting better. We are doing the same things over and over and expecting different results. He just called himself out. It baffles me that he came out of that game with anything positive. This weekend is going to be a slaughter. Luckily I will be too hung over from Oktoberfest to really care about OSU football. Another worthless season down the drain. Can’t wait to see Gundy do exactly the same thing for the next 10 years.

Since yours and @ar1 season over you gurls can leave.
At some point you gurls need to turn in to men and stop crying. Seriously ive need been around so meaning delusional people.

I don’t think the word “delusional” means what you think it means. I believe the word you are looking for is “realistic”.

Well talking about something in 2019 is kinda lame. Has nothing to do with this year.

So, he proved you wrong and he has issues? lol.

1 Like

@firegumby Now you do know that Texas watches the press conference right? Gundy isn’t going to talk about any changes that they are planning for Texas from what we saw in the TCU game. I mean handing Texas part of our game plan from press conference comments wouldn’t be the smartest thing to do now would it.

Bless your heart. You think he actually has a plan for each game.