The Rundown: Mike Gundy Talks about His 2022 Signing Class

I mean I guess Baylor gave everything to their coach to win the championship smh.

Looks like Mac brown doing some crutin! 5-5 star kids and the 8th best recruiting class at North Carolina. A&M are just throwing money to kids behind the scenes. Dirty coach that will do anything to win and an administration that just can’t stand to be little brother to Texas. Cant say I don’t blame them.

What was in that bottle of water that Gundy was sipping? I mean I never saw the guy so hyper. What was he keyed up about? I could understand that much adrenaline if he had just signed 10 five stars.
I agree that he is pushing the new president and AD and donors to pour more money into his program and in exchange he is telling them he can get teams to the playoffs in the near future. He is obviously counting on at least an 8 team playoff. Not missing a beat without Knowles? That is total coach speak, whistling in the dark. I wish someone would have asked if we will be seeing his son playing some next season, at least in non-conference games. I just have a hunch Gundy is hiring from within for DC. The Notre Dame game will be the job interview.

It certainly sounds like Gundy is trying to pressure the administration to go all in for sure. Also Baylor isn’t better than OSU. Same teams that played in the B12 champ ( which includes the injuries on both sides) and OSU wins 8 times out of 10. If they played straight up with all players back OSU still wins maybe 9 times out of 10.

3 Likes

I agree that the ND game should be a DC job interview for someone although I’m not convinced that hiring from within is a done deal. Gundy very rarely does that.

Sanders turned the ball over 4 times. That is why we lost to Baylor. Here’s the thing Jeff. Every outcome, good or bad, is on the head coach. You guys that like to criticize him based on the outcome of a particular game have every right to do so. However, if you want to cast blame for one game then you need to credit the guy for all the wins. Can’t have it both ways and be seen as credible. Just saying.

4 Likes

Hell I would add that we could have survived the 4 interceptions if only they hadn’t resulted in short fields for Baylor.

1 Like

SELL ouTS

1 Like

It wasn’t bad coaching they still got us to the end with a chance.
It was a poorly executed game by alot.
Even with the short field the kid threw 17 passes in a row. The short field should have made that harder.
Baylor just made more good plays.

1 Like

You may be right but good coaches find a way to win more than 1 conference title in 17 seasons.

After all said and done the coach both said did enough coaching to win that game.
I dnt care what u say about those last 4 calls one of those should have been executed enough to make a yard.

1 Like

Good coaches build to ride the wave 17 times over again. Not many will ever come close to this.

How much are those Big XII titles worth
if those supposedly blue bloods are leaving for another conference?

4 BXII titles then leave for pac12?
Big10 Ohio St. hires a dc from oSu…highest paid?
Smdh

1 Like

Ou might be leaving but the big 12 trophies will still be on display in Norman. Baylor could leave tomorrow but their 3 trophies will still be on display. Texas A&M and Colorado have been gone how long and they have as many big12 conference titles as we do.

Which means what? Those big12 titles mean what? They left the big12 for a better conference

It’s the goal, it’s the reason players come back for their Sr. Season. That’s reason enough that we should be trying to win one often enough that the kids you’re recruiting can remember when you won one.

That’s it, good coaches come up with something else when when what they’ve tried didn’t work.

Every coach is good if everything they try works.

Jug I’m not getting into a talk about good coaches or anything with u. U have no idea what ur talking about.
First everything u have said about gundy fits perfectly for riley.
Stoops was 9 and 0 in his last year at ou. Beside riley beating tosu that’s the only thing riley did in 5 years.
Besides taking other guys qb to win alot of games.
He stepped backwards every year. He hand 2 5 star qbs and still couldn’t win the big 12.
Dnt talk about the titles that was ou not riley. At best u can say he can recruit. The more years he was there the more “talent” he had.
He had line troubles just like gundy. Never fixed it.
So when u can actually with competence evaluate a coach u can come back and talk to me.

1 Like

Hammer > nail :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Can’t fathom the level of cheating the must be going on in the SEC the past 15 years.

2 Likes