The Rundown: Mike Gundy Talks Bowl Prep, COVID Spikes

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/the-rundown-mike-gundy-talks-bowl-prep-covid-spikes/

On how his defense is shaping up, Jaylen Warren and COVID messing with sports schedules.

1 Like

We’ve got this…

5 Likes

“essentially I’ve switched from offense to defense. I haven’t watched offense at all live, and I’ve done defense everyday, and I’m very pleased. I don’t think the players even have noticed [Jim Knowles] not being here the way that we’ve divided up responsibilities and I think they’re practicing very well.”

So if we get into a situation where we need to really adjust defensively at halftime, and we still look the same in the 2nd half, then I’ll know who is responsible.

Yes Joey ur rite it will be because of u.

2 Likes

An “offensive” coach trying to coach defense. I’m sure this will look great.

Joey once use ur brain. Gundy knows defenses. How did he read coverages as a qb. How did he design the best offenses ever in college. Oh here let me help u, because he knows defense.
He is like Quigley down under says he doesn’t use defense didn’t say he didn’t know how to use defense.

I hope so. Because he sure as hell doesn’t know offense any longer.

Unlike u knowing neither never.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s “neither ever”. I have enough sense to know you don’t stick with the same offensive game plan when Jaylen Warren isn’t playing for you.

1 Like

All I know, is that if I watch his offense get to the 5 yard line six times, and they can’t score. That tells me I probably shouldn’t take his advice on how to build a championship program or what championship football looks like.

1 Like

Joey ur a sad puppy. Ur still sticky up for everyone not name gundy. Isu had the most big 12 guys dnt give me that 17 year crap. U think he is going to lose all these guys to the nfl and the portal and next year learn how to coach.
For every time u make some stupid example I can give u 5 for the opposite. Ur not even saying good chit. Ur tired get rested. I want u fresh, it feels better putting u in ur place.
Ur dad jug in the morning and u at nite.

Sleep tite dnot let the bed bugs bite

1 Like

A stupid example is telling us a guy still knows offense when he kept proving over and over again in the Big 12 title game he doesn’t.

1 Like

Sounds like someone is a little upset about what I said.

1 Like

At this point we ought to leave the trolls under the bridge to tend for themselves

4 Likes

With a chain and anchor around his neck preferably. Sorry Joe, but we would be better off.

4 Likes

Ominous news that the women’s basketball team couldn’t play last night due to COVID protocol.

Just feels like Omicron is on both coasts and rapidly infecting the middle of the country.

1 Like

Joey ur one of those sad puppy that gets beat but keeps coming back for more.
Me being upset with a small mind confused person is not possible for me. I feel sorry for u.

1 Like

How many more variants will we have? Delta, Omicron…we just gonna go through the whole Greek alphabet? Like…at what point are we done?!

1 Like

It’s like the flu so have mean does the flu have.
Speaking of the flu they say there is a variant that the flu shot is not fixing.
It’s all because of global warming and Trump

1 Like

This goes to jug and his if
U and Joey use the if more then anybody
If we fire gundy
If gundy goes 4 and 8
If we get a better coach.
If jug wasn’t on here he could shovel chit out of his barn.

1 Like