The Rundown: What Mike Gundy Said after Oklahoma State's Loss in the Big 12 Championship

Well, I’d hate to burst your bubble, but if we get too good on offense then people will start expecting Gundy to win conference titles instead of just being happy with a bowl appearance.

According to Michael and Robert. That’s on the players. Anyone be dammed to ever suggest that not being able to score from the six-yard line five times has anything to do with the coaches.

I’m sure when Aranda called all his timeouts, inside the 10-yard line, on OSU’s last offensive possession, it was the player’s fault for not taking that time to come up with a better play or two to punch it into the endzone, and finally put the game to rest once and for all.

I’m guessing you haven’t seen our red zone or goal-line offense all season? Because if you did you would wonder why this team doesn’t practice it for an hour every day.

1 Like

You shouldn’t let a game affect you like that. You have zero control over the outcome.

2 Likes

You’re right. We have zero outcome. However, that doesn’t mean we can’t demand some changes!!!

Sure you can. Go ahead and fill out your demand sheet.

1 Like

Agree on most of that.

Roger that!! I’ll use my social media expertise to get it started.

I got too sucked in with hope after the bedlam win. Should’ve known they’d lay an egg. Can’t have anything nice when it comes to OSU sports.

2 Likes

Shoulda known mediocre Mike would show up in the big game. We’re stuck with this guy forever too which I think is the most disappointing part of today. The realization that you will never achieve greatness, just average bowl games. I have two degrees from OSU, and think I may be done watching football. Just tired of blowing it when it matters. I signed the fire Mike Gundy petition on change.org today.

1 Like

You can demand all you want Joey but you have no say, nada, zilch say in who is the coach

1 Like

Go back someone else idiot !! I’m tired of the nonstop bashing our sports and the coaches. You’re the stereotype of a narcissist !! It’s okay for some criticism but you are a complete narcissist Joey. You’re unhinged , your high ego of yourself doesn’t impress me or anyone else here

U guys will be laughed at. No one was crying for gundy to be fired yesterday. U dnt fire people who are in title games.
That just show who u r.
I have never met a bunch of cry babies till I got on this site.

1 Like

Tell me how that goes for you liberal !! Get back to us when it’s approved by Biden. I wish you would go back someone else. It will improve our fan base

1 Like

Wrong guy bud

U my son are a slug. A slug slides out of its hidy hole when something happens. Fans actually support the team the players.
This game is a major disappointment. Because I have to know there are loser fans like jug, Joey and u.
We’re 11 and 2. None of u guys talked about anything good. I glad u guys didn’t get a title. It’s called karma.

1 Like

I went and started a petition. Arrest all ignorant fans.
U guys should be feeling for Gundy’s team they worked their butts off.
I will say this one time. Gundy is responsible for the defense and offense. So being like ur 5 and saying Knowles isn’t.
I what point are u guys going to look at the team in areal lite.

You are exactly correct about overacheiving because in the post game interview with Robert Allen, Gundy stated that this team overacheived. I see the team differently. Guys that play to their full potential and have success as a result, especially with having an inexperienced Offensive coordinator calling plays, are acheiving, not overacheiving. But if you are a coach who thinks his staff recruited subpar players, then you see them as overacheiving if they have a lot of success. So Gundy is proud of this group of players because he never thought they could make it to the championship game. I think these guys have a lot of talent, maybe not so much for our QB, but the other guys, yes.

1 Like

No, and that’s fine. Eventually when OU leaves (which looks like after next season) and we are still stuck in 2025-2026 with no conference title, while Baylor dominates the conference. I’m sure the boosters, Weiberg, and Shrum will have plenty to say. You can’t claim to know what’s needed for championship-caliber football after the Bedlam game when the best you can consistently be is a bowl-eligible caliber coach.

1 Like

So you finally decided to make a presence?

1 Like