The Rundown: What Mike Gundy Said After OSU's 28-23 Win Over TU

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/the-rundown-what-mike-gundy-said-after-osus-28-23-win-over-tu/

Gundy on the run game, Spencer’s performance and a general recap of Saturday’s game.

We almost lost to a team in BPS that lost to UC-Davis. Someone might want to let him know that. Gundy is like Joe Biden. He’s in his own reality and thinks everything is good when it’s not.

Tulsa was missing 9 guys due to suspension. Just saying.

So you think we should still have a game where it goes down to the wire with Tulsa regardless? I remember beating Tulsa by 37 points and Tulsa still went 10-3 in that same season.

I was talking about the Davis game.

I know you were Robert. Regardless we shouldn’t be in a position of almost losing a home game to Tulsa.

Hot takes:

Our offense is PREDICTABLE. Dunn seems scared to throw the ball, and the defense knows it so they stack the box. Then we try and run it non-stop with little success. What ever happened to taking what the defense gives you? If they’re stacking the box, throw the ball to get them on their heels. Have we thrown a slant pass to the slot yet?

Are we sure the Cowboy Back is still a position on our roster? This position should be utilized for much more than just blocking. Mix up the play calling and throw to the Cowboy back every once in a while. Spread it around and keep the defense guessing. We’re running the same ■■■■ plays over and over and acting surprised that the other team’s defense is having success.

Can we please get creative and break out of our complacency?

Holy crap.

Gundy is doing it tactfully, but he is criticizing his offensive coaches. Says they need to get together and decide how they’re going to run the ball, and that they need to settle on an identity. Sounds like there’s some disagreement between Dunn, Dickey and Woz and it clearly shows on the field. Gundy may be subtle in his public comments but he is clearly not happy, and I suspect he’s doing more about it than people will realize.

2 Likes

Gundy’s quote that the offense was very average is being very generous. Our offense is flat bad and the only reason we’re 2-0 is because we’ve played an FCS team and one of the worst teams in D1, and happened to catch a couple breaks in both games.