The Top 5 Quotes from Mike Gundy's Post-UCF News Conference

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/the-top-5-quotes-from-mike-gundys-post-ucf-news-conference/

‘I don’t think it would be fair to say we weren’t ready.’

1 Like

I don’t care how you wanna frame it. This was an awful performance vs a last place team. Would be a bad loss 45-43. But 45-3 is alarming.

2 Likes

It means we aren’t serious about getting to a championship game, let alone winning one.

1 Like

Gundy is real good at not answering questions and just rambling on about something else half way through his answer.

3 Likes

“And that happens. That’s just coaching. That’s just part of it. And in this league and in college football now with all the things going on, the parity is there”

Does he mean like how all the other Big 12 coaches that have faced UCF have scored a touchdown against them except him? Is that the parity he’s speaking about?

4 Likes

You’re mental joy !.. go take a Xanax, shot of tequila, get laid , anything. You need medication

Gundy is such a clown.

He’s also real good at subtly telling people to lower there expectations.

1 Like

How many times a season is “we were out coached” acceptable. Again Gundy, coaching is the only reason you are being paid $7.5 million a year. Any other profession = you’re fired. Regardless, I’m sure it will be argued he got up to #15 and beat OU and that ought to be enough, but it isn’t when you are constantly being out coached and blown out by inferior teams. Listening to Gundy sounding like a redneck making excuses half the season is frustrating as hell.

4 Likes

He started off the conference by reminding everyone, hey, we beat OU last week, and then proceeded to explain it is not surprising we got blown out by the last place team because they were not prepared and outcoached. There is not any division 1 team that would have Gundy as a coach given his not give a #% attitude, but he knows we are stuck with him because of the golden parachute he was given.

2 Likes

When they have 8 players in the box what OC with a brain wants to keep trying the run game? We have a lousy OC. Good with the WR’s but lousy with the OC. Been that way for years now. A change is long overdue.
If they are loading the box, you need to have a decent passing game. But, we don’t have a QB that can do that…QBR yesterday was 35.1. That sucks. The rain just made it worse.
Time for Gundy to make some changes or we could lose two more games.

2 Likes

Gundy answered your question in the post game interview so you don’t need to bother us here with it

1 Like

I’m not making excuses here but you are making the solution sound simple and easy to see. You did watch the game and pay attention right? Open your eyes and brain and ask yourself why they did what they did. Example Hint: MONSOON. Or better yet watch the coaches post game interviews and actually listen. You might get some real insights on why they did what they did and the best I can tell if mistakes were made they are owning them.

Give me a list of who would come here , keep the winning going and would stay ? I’ll give you some time if you need it ?
We tried the passing game yesterday but with the rain or maybe Bowman was just bad yesterday but the wound up in ints ?
Problem yesterday was the OL sucked

Do you really think this is true ? If he still wants to coach if he was fired from here you really think no one else would hire him ? :joy::joy:
Okay so we are a BB now ?
“ I’ll take coached i would hire for 1000 Alex “

Where were you after wins over KSTATE, WV, Kansas, the goons ? You show up when we lose gumball what a loser
You need help,

Those were flukes, obviously. Once Gundy found out we could still get to the Big 12 Championship, it was all over. That clown can’t win anything. How do you have 52 rushing yards against the worst rush defense in the Big 12, and the 4th worst in the country??? And then, for the 100th time, say we were outcoached??? I don’t need help at all. OSU needs the help.

2 Likes

Absolutely which is why Gundy never seriously thought about leaving. Gundy is admittedly out-coached nearly every game. Why in hell would any team take him? There are a lot of good, motivated coaches out there, Gundy is just not one of them. Given what he is paid and guaranteed, it is no surprise that he lacks motivation. I do agree with Gundy that UCF is a good addition and is a school that will continue to improve and be competitive. But shutting down the offense and blowing out a team that ought to be in the top 20, that is ridiculous. The fact that Gundy had no answer, even more ridiculous. There was a time early on when Gundy was on the sideline with a whiteboard trying to find a way to win, but that was long ago before the money and the guarantee.

3 Likes

Okay @scott32 you said several but didn’t list them and say if they would stay ? I see your frustration. The last time Gundy carried the whiteboard was when he was also OC … I think that was pre 2010 … but i would really like hearing the good coaches that will stay
Did you expect we would beat Ks, Kansas , WV , the goons ? Be truthful…. I didn’t expect yesterday but it happens especially when talent is lacking. Yesterday was the OL … plain as day

■■■■ I thought I had you blocked

1 Like