Things I Hate About Work

K. I need to vent so I made a thread for it.

If you want to press all my buttons at the same time, answer the first question of four that I had sent in email, leaving questions 2 through 4 completely unaddressed and unacknowledged.

giphy

Oh yea. And then also be overseas so I have to wait another day for a response to my customer because I have to follow up to tell you “what about all this other stuff you were in too big of a hurry to read?”

11 Likes
  1. Reply All

End of List.

11 Likes

Per my last email…

2 Likes

Related : HR sending out company wide emails NOT using the BCC line so when someone says “I have a question about my medical insurance and how it pertains to balbalblalbblalbal…” I have to read it. Every time. From 100 people.

4 Likes

I actually use this from time to time because it usually means “You already asked me this. Read your emails that I took the time to put together.”

If you don’t want to get a ‘per my last email’ then don’t give someone a reason to tell you ‘per my last email’. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

It’s my favorite corporate middle finger . Instead of “HEY F**KFACE!”
We get to use that .

4 Likes

“Hey everyone, it’s Karen’s birthday!”
Happy Birthday, Karen
Happy Birthday, Karen
Happy Birthday, Karen
Happy Birthday, Karen
Happy Birthday, Karen
Happy Birthday, Karen
Happy Birthday, Karen
Happy Birthday, Karen
Happy Birthday, Karen
Happy Birthday, Karen
Happy Birthday, Karen
Happy Birthday, Karen
Happy Birthday, Karen

10 Likes

Coworkers making promises to customers that are impossible and then expecting you to make it happen somehow. :rage:

4 Likes

I’m in sales. You just described my role buddy! :slight_smile:

My favorite thing is when I sell something engineering hasn’t made yet. They love it when you do that.

6 Likes

I am in sales too, just the technical side of it. Its the front line idiots that say we can do something they have no clue about that kills me. They should just bring me in before they start making promises or even DISCUSSING stuff they have no clue about.

Front line idiot. Yea I know, like I said… ME. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Actually, I make fun, but yea alot of bad sales guys are so afraid of saying no, so they just bob their head yes and deal with fallout.

They don’t understand saying no can be a good thing if done right that customers will appreciate.

4 Likes

On the flip side of that… it’s ok to tell a sales guy no! Don’t ghost them… just politely decline and they’ll leave you alone.

Somebody complained to our CTO and CEO because they signed up for product information 3 weeks ago, and then went on a 3 week vacation where they didn’t check their email, and then was disappointed that they came back to 7 emails from our company. 3 of those emails were automated marketing emails. 4 were from the SDR that was trying to secure a meeting… the SDR wouldn’t have sent any more emails if he had received an OOO response or even a “hey I just wanted this white paper, I’ll call you if I’m interested.” That’s all it takes!

But noooooooo annoying sales guy bad!

3 Likes

“Employee X has been promoted…”

“Congratulations!” <---- bootlicker
“Congrats! You were meant for that.” <---- brownnoser
“Woohoo, good job Employee X!” <---- sycophant

7 Likes

Slow people.

All 100 people saying ‘Bye!’ at the same time on a company wide con call.

Just. Hang. Up.

I guarantee you, the CEO didn’t hear your small little voice saying ‘bye’ and took a mental note that you were a good little boy.

9 Likes

People asking inane, stupid questions during a meeting… :unamused:

This is the worst to me. Congratulate them in a personal email or pick up the phone and call, don’t send a mass freaking email to everyone. Absolutely drives me crazy. I won’t do it, and then my employees ask if I’m sending out a mass email from our location and I tell them no, I already emailed the person or I called them.

4 Likes

Mandatory Computer Based Training with videos on a computer network insufficient for streaming video :frowning:

5 Likes

See I have found those people useful, especially the ones that will ask any question of any person up there talking (even if it is a career limiting move). I just ask those people to ask any questions that I feel are better not asked but I would really like to know. That way any fallout is on them and they are usually not even aware what they are doing.

5 Likes