Three Burning Questions Ahead of Oklahoma State's Homecoming Bout with Texas

Originally published at: Three Burning Questions Ahead of Oklahoma State's Homecoming Bout with Texas | Pistols Firing

On Quinn Ewers, Bijan Robinson and what we learned in the first half of OSU’s season.

1 Like

Cowboys are asked to complete a tall order, and it will be like this the rest of the season. Glad to hear that Texas might be on it’s way back to being a powerhouse, its been a long time for them. I hope they trounce OU each time they meet.

Ewers was way off target on his passes when he had pressure last week. Let’s hope we get pressure even having to blitz some. Make it tough on him

3 Likes

Glad to hear? This is War! and the Longhorns are our #2 enemy. We need to make B-B-Q out of them and win at home for Homecoming. It will be a huge challenge to overcome so let’s get ROWDY and defeat these entitled arrogant elitists!

1 Like

How are they back on their way to being a powerhouse? :joy:

The main key to winning this game is really simple. Either get ahead and stay ahead or at least keep it close. The Pokes have to run an up tempo game. Too many times I have seen Texas run out of gas come the fourth quarter. If we can gas their defense, and I see no reason we can’t, they will win the game.

1 Like

These were my 5 burning questions last week against TCU and the results, which ended up with a loss. This week, for question #4 change to sufficient D-line pressure on Ewers resulting in poor completion percentage, and #5, change the jersey numbers to 5 and 8:

My Five Burning Questions are:

1. Can the O-line run block effectively and protect Sanders in the pocket and give him time to pick apart the TCU secondary (NO)
  2. Can the oSu receivers catch the ball consistently and avoid drops, keeping the chains moving. (NO)
  3. Will the Cowboys play injury-free to key players, keeping them on the field the entire game? (NO)
  4. Will the D-line contain Duggan and prevent him from making key 1st downs with his legs? (NO)
  5. Can the Cowboys contain #11 on special teams? (YES)

One word: tackling.

1 Like

First of all, I hope Texas returns to being a national power because if we beat them, it will then be a big deal and improve the perception of oSu football. Meaning it would help toward getting into the playoff system.
We’ll see by the end of this season if Texas has made it back yet.

Texas still has to play the five best teams in the Big 12 – three of them on the road.

I don’t think the 'Horns will lose to them all, but it’s possible. 7-5 seems likely.

Well yea I would like for them to return to being a powerhouse too, but They have a ways to go still

Where are my bullets?!

Gonna have to change the coffee mug to “Coffee…then Bullets”. :grin:

Are they? I see Baylor as more of our enemy than Texas.

My biggest question is are we willing to adjust the game plan on defense and offense? Get out of the zone defense, send more than 3 or 4 guys after the QB, if we get a lead then the other team starts to score are we willing to keep moving the ball? I don’t like the pregame shows where the coach is saying “we were out coached”. Let’s get this done coach Gundy!

1 Like

I thought Gundy was just restating the obvious when he admitted they were out coached. Anyone watching the game came to that conclusion.
I don’t think we lost because of coaching, as much as having lost because of injured players.
The outcome of the Texas game won’t be determined by how much grit the Cowboys have. I think the outcome will be a result of who is healthy enough to play or not healthy enough to play. You have to have all the pieces to win against a team that is on a hot streak. Is zone coverage really working for us? Then again, Gundy said that if you are in man to man and the guy gets past you, there is no one to back you up. Injuries and lack of experience in the secondary could be the deciding factors once again.