Three Questions about Oklahoma State's Basketball Roster as Lutz Continues to Add Pieces

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/three-questions-about-oklahoma-states-basketball-roster-as-lutz-continues-to-add-pieces/

OSU needs a big.

I love the idea of not relying on the 3-ball. I would love to see us add some bangers for boards.

3 Likes

Frontcourt size is paramount, especially if you don’t rely on or have any 3-pt sharpshooters. The offense will be abysmal if we don’t have anyone down low who can consistently score against Big 12 frontcourts. Defenses will keep focus outside and ensure that our low-percentage shooters stay covered.

It was really disappointing to lose Garrison. Sisse would have been a big pickup. We really need 2 or more guys who are 6’9" or better if we stand a hope of having success. Even under Eddie and his good ball motion offense, our more smallish teams struggled.

1 Like

I agree having big men would be a huge plus, but Lutz’s offense is built on speed down the court. Considering how much we lost, I’m all about him putting people out there that will out hustle their opponent. No one expecting us to finish in the top half (even top 75%) of the league. I want to see him out his stamp on this program with what he knows best.

1 Like

Wait, Moussa Cisse, is going BACK to Memphis after starting his college career there? Dude went Memphis, US, Ole Miss and not back to Memphis? I’m curious why he left Stilly, anyone hear as to possibly WHY he left? Dude blocked shots like a machine!

1 Like

Guessing here, probably not saying get a 7-footer, but an athletic big who can pull down rebounds, e.g. 6’8" guy or anywhere around that height who can move. Not your typical 7-foot rail who lacks quickness and speed. Of course the type I mentioned don’t grow on trees…

1 Like

It’s the great new world of “transfer whenever you need to improve your game”

If he would have just stayed at Memphis or OSU he would have been much better off.

1 Like

We have to stop talking about 3s. Lutz doesn’t focus on it and Thank God! It makes a team hot and cold based on 3s. But a big? Oh yes… we need a big.

1 Like