Three Things K-State Coach Chris Klieman Said Ahead of His Week 4 Game Against OSU

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/three-things-k-state-coach-chris-klieman-said-ahead-of-his-week-4-game-against-osu/

On quarterbacks, passing struggles and OSU’s run game.

It’ll be like a mirror.
Hey did u hear what there coach said. He hasnt talked to 2 of position coaches yet. With that offense. So gundy not the only coach that says dumbess things.
Last year her went for 2 in the 2nd quarter. That cost him. See other coaches do stupid stuff.

1 Like

Sounds like to me he was trying to win the game and feels like he’s half a55 competent in his coaching abilities.

U try to be smart it doesn’t work for u either.
No way but scared people chase 1 point in the second quarter.

1 Like

He was just trying to get ahead a little more. So I guess based on you thinking it’s dumb then it was incredibly stupid for Gundy to go for two in Bedlam 2018 instead of sending the game to OT.

Which it back fired. Now we now why people kick for points. And joey is it good for u to be an idiot.
Gundy going for two was at the end of the game.
Klieman was in the first half. Pathetic

1 Like

I guess you didn’t watch that game. What Klieman did made sense. K State was up 12-0. It makes sense to go up 14-0 if possible. You don’t want the other team gaining momentum after halftime and making it a 12-7 game.

OSU was up 13-12 and then made it 20-12 on a defensive score. Had Klieman gotten up 14-0 at the half he is still ahead 14-13 before that happens. Then when it does happen he forces OSU to go for 2 to make it 21-14. If it’s 21-14 K State scores on the next drive (just like they did) and all of a sudden we have a tie ball game.

That’s why everyone on here argues with you. Because it’s obvious you don’t understand what goes on behind a coaches mind.

Do you see where I’m getting at here? His decision to go for two before halftime wasn’t dumb. Just made sense really.

1 Like

Dude I know why he did it. But it cost him at least a tie at the end, if he justed kicked. I love how u can spend post after post giving excuses for way teams lose to osu.

1 Like

You never said anything about Gundy going for two at the end of the game. Was it dumb or was it fine? Klieman’s team is ahead at the time. It’s not totally ridiculous for him to go for two.

All your doing is looking at the end result, and ignoring the game situation at that moment. He was up 12-0. I’m sure Gundy probably would’ve done the same thing at the time.

Your hammering him for trying to gain points and at the time it made the most sense. He was ahead. So the logic behind what you stated was a dumb one.

I told u it was fine for gundy to go for the win at the end of the game.
And u can repeat 12 -0 all u want ur moron ksu lost tge game because of their coach. Do not post back it’s while over and u just type the same thing over and over won’t help u.

1 Like

But he’s 0-2 vs Gundy, so KAnsas St should fire him.

1 Like

Kileman should not have gone for two in the first half. Neither offense was moving the ball and in fact K St had already kicked 2 Fgs. His thinking FGs would not be part of a low scoring defensive game backfired.

2 Likes

They won’t fire him cause he has just as many wins against OU as Gundy does in far less time.

Just like Roberto. You don’t know the thinking behind a college coach.

Right, only you get it because you went to a special school called When to go for Two University. It all makes sense now.

2 Likes

And just as many losses to Gundy. Wow what a circle of life.

2 Likes

So it all equals out. I’m sure Klieman will probably make it to the conference title game before Gundy does just about like every other coach in the Big 12 is doing right now.

1 Like

Getting to the title game is meaningless. Winning is paramount and OU owns the B12. Just getting to the title game and losing is like getting second in an axe fight. Iowa St, Baylor(except when they win it outright in the regular season) TCU and Texas have accomplished nothing if they don’t win it.

1 Like

So going to the Independence Bowl and going 7-6 is better than winning a New Years Six bowl and possibly finishing with a top 10 ranking? Got it!!!

1 Like

I can tell you who is never going to win the conference championship. The 8 teams that never get there.