Three Things Marcus Freeman Said about Fiesta Bowl Matchup with OSU

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/three-things-marcus-freeman-said-about-fiesta-bowl-matchup-with-osu/

Freeman after deep dive on 2021 Cowboys: “We better be ready to go.”

Definitely talking about Jaden Bray. He’s the next great cowboy wideout. Him and JPR are going to be a heck of a duo if we can find a QB who can get them the ball.

1 Like

Our situation at QB is not so great:

• Sanders can run, but can’t really throw accurate passes. He doesn’t go through his progressions either.

• Illingworth looks like he is decent at throwing and doesn’t make many terrible decisions. His mobility is a huge issue though being behind this OL.

• Bullock might be the worst D1 QB I’ve seen on a roster. He can’t run or throw. His decision making isn’t great. I don’t know how he hasn’t hit the transfer portal yet.

• I have no clue how good Gunnar Gundy is or will be. He doesn’t have the “experience” like his dad is always talking about. I doubt we see him until 2023.

• Garrett Rangel is coming in, but we have no idea how good he might be.

Feels like our offensive staff doesn’t have any clue on how to evaluate a QB or offensive lineman. They had Bullock as the #2 guy at one point. Remember Tulsa 2020?

Then when we get one injury on the offensive line the entire running game and quarterback protection completely falls apart. Is this what championship football is supposed to be? I thought championship caliber coaches were supposed to be really good at evaluations?

At the time of ND coach watching Pokes games he said they were up to 7-1. I don’t think Jayden Bray was playing then. I was thinking he was referring to one of the Green twins as receiver.

It’s always amazing how ur post never have anything to do with the article.

1 Like

He literally responded to a comment are you challenged? I understand you don’t like Joe but the dude is completely on topic regarding the first comment on the post.

2 Likes

That was one sentence as an after thought. Joe writes a freaken letter. He talked about, well I mean he mentioned 2 qb he says he knows nothing about.
I know what ur saying. I did see the one sentence.

1 Like

I like to be detailed. I don’t like to be as vague as you. Logan is correct. You are so challenged that I need to slow down until you can get to my level. I’ll do my best next time to break it down on a 2nd grade level.

1 Like

No u like to hear ur own writing.
Ty wrote one sentence, u wrote 4 sentence on how u know nothing on to qbs.
And u still not answer about how u can figure out who is a good coach.

1 Like

I think you meant “read” your own writing. Like I said, I’ll have to break it down to a second grade level.

1 Like

No I said it’s rite. It’s a play on words which u being a genius 2nd grader did get. If we were talking u like to " hear " ur own voice. Since ur writing its hear what u rite.
I hope that spelled it out for u. Slow Joey. Take after ur daddy Biden.

1 Like

I seem to remember several long tds Joey Sanders isn’t great but if just a little protection he’s not bad, he throws better on the run too. His legs wonn us several games. Getting first downs and keeping the ball moving……there isn’t anyone on the bench that can do that , maybe Gunner can, we will see

1 Like

Man the bowl teams are dropping like flies due to Covid protocol. I’m really starting to worry.

2 Likes

That has to be the key if you’re going to win with Sanders, if he throws much over 20-25 times your asking for trouble. Use his legs and use him as a runner to open up the passing game.

2 Likes

Yea it’s not a good thing if you have to depend too much on Sanders passing game

1 Like

If we can stay balanced with a run game then sanders and the passing game usually works out in a positive way

1 Like

Then be more specific. What you wrote made absolutely no sense at all. It’s only natural for me to correct you when you don’t even understand the own context of what you posted.

He does? Looks like he tends to throw behind his receiver on the run.

It’s really hard to know when you stick with the guy that keeps giving the ball to the other team in the championship game.

1 Like

Does it really matter at this point? I don’t know if I can handle watching our run game get stuffed and Sanders throwing interceptions because we can’t come up with a decent strategy on offense more than once a year.

then don’t watch

1 Like