Three Things Steve Sarkisian Said Entering the Longhorns' Game against OSU

Sanders should be able to have a career day running the ball

I didnt see your post or dont think I responded to itā€¦? Jeff and then a guy on a different thread have posted quite a bit today about how terrible the Texas D is. Im just saying that those 55 pts on Sat that OU put up were partly due to Texas and partly due to some fools gold in there. Vegas has OSU scoring in the high 20ā€™s. I knowā€¦Vegas gets some wrong. But they get a ton more right too

Who is that? The fat kid off goodies grown up.

When youā€™ve given up over 300 yards rushing two different times this season your defense probably isnā€™t very good

If our speacial teams play good and our QB dosent turn the ball over then we win by two touchdowns.

They let tcu score 29 with 3 turnovers

28-17

Ok. I say Texas wins a close one. I think both teams are going to run it. A bunch. I think Texas runs for more yards than OSU does. I THINK OSU HAS A BETTER DEFENSE. But, I dont think Texas is nearly as bad as some of you do, nor do I think OU is now some juggernaut offensively.

I hope your wrong.

Defense travels and I think our defense is really really good, So Iā€™m picking the pokes in this one 28-17

1 Like

The truth is Iā€™ve watched Texas give up 333 yards rushing to Arkansas and then 339 yards rushing to OU. That problem doesnā€™t get fixed in one week. Unlessā€¦you plan on selling out on the run consistently and slowing it down.

I think Texas might be the best offense weā€™ve faced up to this point though. The X-factors in this game are Spencer Sanders and defending the intermediate passing game.

Boise showed that we could be weak in defending the intermediate passing game and crossing routes. Sanders you never know what youā€™ll get.

Iā€™m of the opinion of the defense can play solid, and Sanders can limit himself to one turnover and play a decent game I like our chances.

I agree with you. Texas has too much talent to be that bad. Iā€™m hoping after blowing the game to OU thereā€™s a massive let down, if not I think Texas wins 2 scores.

Donā€™t know if theyā€™ll be down. Theyā€™re still in the mix for a CCG. You would think thatā€™s going to play into it.

I guess I would say Iā€™m not worried about the Texas defense, but worried about our offense shooting themselves in the foot consistently.

Iā€™m not real worried about our defense, but worried Texas might be able to move the ball some. They do have playmakers on that side of the ball.

We have too many Texas guys and that plays a part in playing above your skill set.

I donā€™t buy that theory. OSU has bunch of Oklahoma kids that have a chip on their shoulder involving OUā€¦ā€¦.and that hasnā€™t helped the Cowboys win Bedlam. So I donā€™t think it matters in the game Sat either

2 Likes

Most of the Oklahoma kids we get never wanted to go to ou. We get the kids that grew up osu fans.

The Texas kids we get donā€™t get offers from their instate school which they would sign in a heartbeat.

Okā€¦ā€¦thatā€™s ignorant too. Youā€™re gonna hate thisā€¦ā€¦but 9 out of 10 kids that get offered by both schoolsā€¦ā€¦go to OU.

Soā€¦ā€¦youā€™re saying the kids you get from Oklahomaā€¦ā€¦.donā€™t want to go to OU. But the kids you get from Texasā€¦ā€¦do want to go to Texasā€‹:crazy_face::crazy_face:

I donā€™t follow you.

Iā€™m saying the kids osu get from Oklahoma are mostly osu fans growing up so they donā€™t have that thought that their instate school didnā€™t want them