Ticket Price Inquiry and Response

I honestly don’t know the answer to this, so I may be wrong.
If you go to ticket master and look at the map, the open 200’s will either show up in blue or pink. I have always thought that the blue are the tickets that were not purchased by season ticket holders and the pink were being sold by season ticket holders who were not going to the games. If this is true, then there are a lot of open seats in the 200 level that are not purchased by season tickets holders. Do you know if this is the case?

1 Like

The reason i put two games of each type were each was to reflect that very thing (variable pricing) exists essentially the same at both schools and making a point that we aren’t pricing people out of the game, which you said our current policies were doing. Obviously we will agree to disagree that Memphis/Georgia is significantly higher profile than OSU/Georgetown.

All that said, the heart of this argument is not about the cheap seats - you can get them for a ham sandwich at almost any venue in America. It’s about how we fill the 200.

1 Like

That is the case. Blues are the single-game tickets that are available, that weren’t bought as season-ticket seats.

Please enlighten me why you think Georgia is a bigger opponent in basketball than Georgetown. You know this isn’t football, right?

1 Like

If you go look, sections 204 and 212 are pretty open.

1 Like

Try taking a look at their 2019 recruiting class ranking, then at their head coach, and get back to us, champ.

Of course, you’re never, ever wrong. But go ahead.

1 Like

Yes…but prices don’t vary as much at one school, as they do at the other. That’s the point.

Speaking as a dad of 2 in Edmond, I go to some games but my attendance has been very spotty over the last few years. Lots of excuses (life, work, kid stuff, Thunder), but ultimately it hasn’t been a great product over the past several years.

4 Likes

And THAT is exactly why I emailed Mr. Phillips. I don’t understand how there are so many available seats in the 200 level, that are “OH SO AFFORDABLE FOR THE ENTIRE WORLD”. Get out of here…

If they were affordable, we’d have better attendance.

Ok, so honest question, you’ve been fine with the pricing, but haven’t liked the team performance? Not putting you on the spot, I just want to know.

Lol sorry, I forgot you drool at the altar of recruiting rankings. And are people really that dumb in Memphis to be paying a premium to go see Tom Crean? Really?

2 Likes

Nobody is saying single game seats in 200 are fairly priced

Two separate statements that are both true…

1. Single game tickets in 200 section are too high
  2. Getting a ticket inside the arena is very affordable.

Can we agree on that?

7 Likes

I’m fine with the pricing, didn’t love the Ford product. Started going to games under BU and trying to make Wednesday’s.

There’s just no easy start time during the week. 6pm too early 8pm too late, but a team like this is worth the hassle. Average Ford teams weren’t

1 Like

I share them with family members in Tulsa so the cost is spread around enough that it’s fine. But honestly we’d do better by buying in the secondary for the games we want to go to. I suppose in the end it is a “support the team” thing that is keeping us renewing.

Depending on where you want to sit? Yes.

LOL, when did that come out?

Genuinely curious here - I’m thoroughly enjoying this discussion because i work in sports and spend a portion of my time developing pricing strategy for everything from GA tickets to corporate suites - what would you be willing to pay for a 200 level seat for the following games…

1. SE Louisiana
  2. Georgetown
  3. Kansas

The 300’s are affordable, but there are still too many open seats in the 200’s for a lot of reasons. Lee brought up a good point about season ticket holders not showing up, as well as the students and tickets that have not been purchased are too high.
We all want GIA back to what is was and I think it is heading in the right direction. Excited to see the pricing for next year. It seems like they know of the problem and I know we are all anxious to see how they fix it.

Winning cures all the problems :man_shrugging:

3 Likes