Free Football Thread That Started as a Thing about Mike Gundy

No. Money is their concern. If any of them could will the teams into being better I’m sure they would, but that’s not possible.

Also having two less bowl eligible teams isn’t a concern?

What are they supposed to do? First year coaches at 4 schools.

I don’t know what the discussion is supposed to be? We had a bad bowl season and that sucks. What are the action items? Go home and tell your coaches to coach better? Tell them to tell local high schools to develop more elite talent?

1 Like

You’re right, there’s no discussion to be had.

Overall QB play too…next year will be better.

1 Like

Are we still mad at Gundy? Just making sure

1 Like

Nope, not mad. Just frustrated, and resigned to the fact that our HC is a great CEO, but an extremely average coach, who will get out-coached often, and will probably never again contend for a conference championship.

When has a true-freshman (other than the obvious blue-blood scenarios surrounded by 4 & 5* guys) ever worked out to the tune of championship-level performance?

Asking for a friend.

1 Like

Trevor Lawrence…? Jalen Hurts at Alabama, right?

I mean he did specifically say except for those sorts of teams. IIRC, when Jalen was in the NCG every single starter was a 5* on that team.

1 Like

Yup…

“other than the obvious blue-blood scenarios surrounded by 4 & 5* guys”

Elite QB play is a huge difference.

This is an idiotic thread first of all. Secondly, the B12 will have less team eligible for 2 reasons. They all play each other, and also they have less teams. Look at the % of teams not the number. As far as the bowl record. Don’t go off one year. The B12 typically has a better or close to the best bowl record. Also, just because the B12 Champ lost to one of the best CFB teams that’s been assembled in awhile doesn’t mean everything. 3 of the 4 teams have transfers at QB for the CFB Playoffs. Alabama is slowly getting more chinks in the Death Star as each season passes. Georgia is also regressing and LSU caught lightning in a bottle with Brady and Burrows both there together. Texas gave them a better game than 9/10 of their SEC opponents. If running to another conference was the solution why is every team that left the B12 even worse now? What you want their recruiting rankings as opposed to actual wins? No thanks. This OP was dumb and most of the comments followed suit. I hope the mods will start deleting “Tired of Gundy” threads for awhile. This is why I stay in the safety of the PFB+ sanctuary.

4 Likes

PFB+ is where I got the “Tired of Gundy” thread genius! I think the reason so many keep looking at the recruiting rankingsIs trying to understand why Gundy can’t beat OU and OU can’t win a playoff game. Gundy may have a lot of wins in the decade, but has not been able to compete with the top teams.

This decade. Beat Standford, Washington, OU twice, Colorado (Pac12 Runner up), and is top 15 in wins of P5 teams. Also has the 2nd most Conference wins. Not to mention the best decade in school history. I’m done with you.

12 Likes

Against P5 non con last 10 years 13-5 plus a win vs a ranked Boise team. That’s not including a 3-1 record vs former conf teams while they were still in conference.
There’s nothing at all wrong with this record

Just for comparison
TCU same time frame
12-6

Ok St vs TCU
5-3

vs ranked teams
24-22

Let’s burn Gundy in effigy

2 Likes

You forgot to mention the 7 wins against non- majors that helps cover up the 6 loses to Baylor and the lose to Central Michigan.

You act like other schools don’t so the same man? Bama does it, OU, everybody. But sure bud.

2 Likes

OU has played 2 non-majors in the last 10 years. But keep telling yourself that.

Wut?

In 2019 they played Houston and South Dakota.

2018- Florida Atlantic, Army
2017- UTEP, Tulane
2016- Louisiana-Monroe, Houston
2015- Akron, Tulsa

That’s 10 non-majors in 5 years…

I’ve asked you this before, did Gundy run over your cat? Or steal your girlfriend? Maybe both?

9 Likes

South Dakota and Florida A&M are only non-majors the rest are NOT.