3. S Tre Sterling
  4. WR Brennan Presley
  5. OL Josh Sills
  6. DE Trace Ford
  7. CB Jarrick Bernard-Converse
  8. OL Danny Godlevske
  9. S Kolby Harvell-Peel
  10. WR Tay Martin

Just missed the cut: DE Tyler Lacy, K Alex Hale, LBs Malcolm Rodriguez and Devin Harper, DTs Israel Antwine and Jayden Jernigan, OL Taylor Miterko, CWB Logan Carter, WR Rashod Owens, OL Cole Birmingham

Who did I miss? And where did I whiff?

2 Likes

Looks like 12 players to me!

7 Likes

19 Likes

Well you forgot our impact punter: Tom Hutton

If he was able to step up over the offseason we could have a well rounded special teams again with him/Hale/Presley

2 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes
  1. Trace
  2. Presley
  3. LD
1 Like

WR Langston Anderson…? :unamused:

It’s nice, for once, to see a lot of defensive guys on this list instead of the typical “three-headed monster” nonsense (QB-RB-WR). Good diversity.

3 Likes

Sanders “stunningly consistent”?

1 Like

Kicker, both punts and FGs, as said above.

Why is Dominic not listed with the RBs?

1 Like

:joy:

Glad to see Presley high on the list. My top ten would probably include Rodriguez somewhere. And I selfishly would also like to see WR Anderson on this list because I feel like we’ve been waiting for a breakout from him for the past two years.

1 Like

Consistent doesn’t mean good or bad

1 Like

Correct. It means unchanging, staying the same, etc. I agree with many other writers who have described Sanders as just the opposite. Hopefully a healthy o-line and more experience will in fact lead to consistent play at QB, but I remain skeptical.

2 Likes

unrelated to the thread but since you’ve been in this one, is the Reload podcast dead?

3 Likes

Sometimes the most obvious answer is the best one.

Big 12 Winning QBs since 2010:

2010 - Landry Jones
2011 - Alex Cate’s Backup
2012 - Collin Klein
2013 - Bryce Petty
2014 - Bryce Petty/Trevone Boykin
2015-2017 - Baker Mayfield
2018 - Kyler Murray
2019 - Jalen Hurts
2020 - Spencer Rattler

Rattler was probably the lowest regarded/least productive on this list relative to the end of their respective season, and even he was a Big 12 Honorable Mention.

In the Big 12, conference championships ride with the QB.

I laughed.

2 Likes

You’ll get there. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Yeah it’s dead. For now, at least.

2 Likes

All corners should be T1 for me. The defense will be fine up front. It’ll be fine in the middle. It’ll be fine over the top. But with RW gone and some fresh faces needing to step up on the outside, if those guys can’t cover we are going to get slaughtered through the air. The offense can be managed no matter who the players are with good schemes and playcalling, but the corners will be on an island and if they aren’t ready for it, opposing teams will destroy them. If they are, the defense will be dominant.

FR 155 cmp 247 att 62.8 pct 2065 yds 8.4 y/a 7.7 ay/a 16 td 11 int 145.4 pr
SO 155 cmp 247 att 62.8 pct 2007 yds 8.1 y/a 7.8 ay/a 14 td 8 int 143.2 pr

I mean his passing numbers were nearly identical in multiple categories in different years, that’s literally the definition of consistent.

Now he did play two less games last year, but they still would not be far off, and like previously mentioned being consistent is not inherently good or bad, IMO he has been consistently a solid QB. I think he takes a step forward this year

1 Like