Top-100 Prospect Talyn Shettron Flips Commitment from OU to OSU

Although this is a brothers package… there seems to be a real turn for the better on the recruiting front. Scheduling Bama for 28,29 seasons was a real masterstroke… although these kids will not play in those games, it shows that Okstate is serious about elevating the program to another level. I am sure the coaching staff is selling that big time.

1 Like

What has there been 5 true freshman and more second year qb’s

Weird…Marvin Mims set an OU record for receiving touchdowns as a freshman. Ceedee Lamb started as a freshman WR at OU and was a first round draft pick.

Brennan Presley plays one full game as a freshman and has over 100 yards receiving. Your right though… I guess there is no possibility that younger players might be better than the players starting in front of them.

Thank God Chad Weiberg figured out for the football program that talented players can only get excited so much playing Missouri State and Oregon State.

The same year that Gundy still found a way to lose a game he was favored in against OU’s 111th ranked pass defense.

1 Like

Ok Chad starts next month. But reread that mess u rote

And u still have to tell us 1000 times

U do know Mims was a 5 star. U really need help on this freshman thing

So if tylan had played more we would have won ? Even though we gave up like 50-60 points? I fail to see how this comment has to anything to do with what osugrad said

Holy cow… first off you’re comparing apples to spaceships, dude. In what world is a freshman Wallace better than a senior Washington? Or a freshman Blackmon better than a seasoned Dez? NONE of OSU’s star receivers were better than the stars ahead of them when they arrived on campus. Not a single one. Because we’ve always had a biletnikoff finalist in the program when the next one is just coming in. The only one who that has remotely applied to is James, and he had more yards his freshman year than Mims. Speaking of that, Who at Ou should have gotten the catches over Mims? Theo Wease? Drake stoops? Come on now.:joy: you’re grasping at straws to try to make a point. The only position where seniority has ever applied was the QB position, one which Gundy has admittedly made plenty of blunders with, but not at WR. I’ve been gone over in the PFB+ pages for so long now I almost forgot how dumbed down these conversations are compared to those.

2 Likes

You mean the year we put up 52 points on over 650 yards of offense but lost to the most efficient offense in the history of college football? That’s the year you’re talking about, no?

1 Like

5 star or not he’s obviously better than the upper class men that are at OU hence why he gets to play. At OU if your good enough to beat out upper class men you play. At OSU if your better you get benched and told there’s always the transfer portal.

Yes. The same year the defense picked it off and had returned it to OU territory where the OSU offense crapped down their leg at the last moment against the 111th ranked pass defense. You are correct.

In what world did I ever say you had to put Wallace over Washington or Blackmon over Bryant? There is no law saying that can’t be on the opposite sides of each other. You think Blackmon wouldn’t have been a better option than Hubert Anyiam?

Really? I’ve never heard him say that. You must not know the egotistical Gundy the rest of us are accustomed to.

1 Like

Just another thing for u to cry about and crap down ur legs

I don’t know. What I do know is that the defense gave us a chance to win that specific Bedlam game and in true poke choke fashion the offense crapped down its leg for a win when they had less than 40 yards to go against the 111th ranked OU pass defense.

Listen….I’ve watched Gundy find just about every way imaginable to lose Bedlam games. Don’t you think it’s about time he starts finding ways to try and win them now?

1 Like

No he is fine not trying. If he won u would not be able to cry.

If he wins more bedlam games (and I’m not even asking for that much) he would get less attention for mediocrity than most people on here including myself. That’s what you fail to understand. If other coaches can find a way to beat blue bloods more than once every eight seasons then why is it so difficult for him? He even has better players and assistant coaches than some of those programs and still preps like he’s playing Kansas.

1 Like

He beats Texas yes a blue blood. If u want to actually talk about real things going OK.other then that I’m tired of listening to u crying. And alot of others r too