Game Thread: Tulsa at Oklahoma State Week 1

@ScottCorken, need an updated O/U on number of offside penalties by Bundage?

1 Like

The O/U is set at 4.5 this week.

4 Likes

One thing I think the week delay did was give Tay Martin more time to establish himself in the rotation.I predicted Johnson would be our leading receiver for this game so I’ll stick with it, but I could be way wrong.

1 Like

I think we rush for over 300 yards.

2 Likes

Looks like we hit that 4 times last year, so I like that prediction. I could see us breaking 400 once or twice this year. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/oklahoma-state/2019/gamelog/

Offense stays vanilla in what would be a typical start against non FCS in the 38-17 range but the defense has a day and gives the offense enough short fields we get a 54-24 rout (Tulsa scores 10 in first half, nothing until late 3rd quarter TD, and another TD against the 3s sometime in the fourth)

Offense:
Tylan eases back in (4 catches on 6ish targets, 85 yards, no TDs)
Chuba cant be touched when he gets a hole from O-Line (17 carries, 115 yards, 2 TDs, 3 receptions for 38 yards, sits early)
Sanders (25-31, 3 TDs Passing, 1 Rushing TD, no INTs!)
LD Brown breaks 2 long ones, has a day.

3 Likes

I think the starters are going to get more run than usual, this is their best chance to get some legit reps before West Virginia the next week

9 Likes

True, True… 10 game season and all.

The hardest thing for the coaches to figure out will be the risk/reward for keeping starters in. People like Stoner, Tylan, Chuba, and Spencer probably don’t need as many reps and you don’t want to risk injury if the game is a blowout. The defense is also really experienced and keeps the same coach so we will probably break in some new guys. I bet 54-20 and a decent amount of young guys play towards the end (no loss of eligibility this year so no reason not to see what you have).

1 Like

Hot take: I’ll bet a Ron’s sausage chili cheeseburger Bundage plays a squeaky clean game . You have to deliver the burger .

This is going to be a good Game for us to tune up .

7 Likes

Too logical for OSU sorry Charlie

1 Like

Are you anticipating him only playing 1 half because the game will be so far out of hand?

1 Like

Can we stay vanilla? It’s not like we have 3 “warmup” games this year. We got this game and straight into WV.

You’re probably right. Plus we have the unknown of Dunn as OC. Is he uncaged and allowed to fly? Is that even his style? Does he have a certain someone vetoing calls through the headset?

1 Like

Nope. He gets ejected halfway through the second quarter for “not hearing the whistle” and beheading a Tulsa QB after jumping offsides.

6 Likes

“That decapitation prop bet kids is how we paid off the mortgage and are going to Disney World.”

7 Likes

MASHING that over

2 Likes

Hot take : Chuba rushes for less yardage per game this year than last year.

The Why is important, but I certainly hope so and that it’s because Sanders is much better as a passer.

I don’t know that that’s a hot take. Less experience at OL. Spencer maybe limits INTs. It’s actually logical. I think the hot take is he gets more per game yardage, higher than Barry’s year.

1 Like