Tulsa Transfer Linebacker Justin Wright Commits to Oklahoma State

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/tulsa-transfer-linebacker-justin-wright-commits-to-oklahoma-state/

Wright led the Golden Hurricane with 101 tackles in 2022

A much needed pick up.

2 Likes

Great comeback.

2 Likes

Thank god. Now get some ■■■■ linemen and a QB.

1 Like

I’m still not coming back off this cliff

3 Likes

Nice grab! Also anxious to see what Jeff Roberson looks like this spring…and would love for Glass to put 20 lbs. on Nick Martin!

1 Like

Glad to see a LB with some size.

1 Like

Sorry got to say it. Hard to find this kid in the best portal linebackers and happens to be a Tulsa guy. Once aging gundy goes for the for sure get. Not saying the kid isnt any good but this is how gundy recruits and why he’s 1- 18 in games that matter. No balls Gundy. Got one word for him…….WEAK. Rinse and repeat.

1 Like

So it’s bad for Gundy to get a commit from a6-2 244 LB who has 254 tackles at the college level? Did you expect us to sign Will Anderson? Maybe there’s a Lawrence Taylor out there we could get. If you don’t like Gundy that’s fine but condemning him/OSU for signing a veteran player is simply baseless. Look around the country at the portal. Texas A&M has 16 kids in it. Alabama 15. Sooners 13. Arkansas 14. This is the new way.

2 Likes

Nor saying the kid isn’t any good “ yea that’s exactly what you’re saying jeffy. TU had a first round LBer pick a couple of years ago. Not saying this kid is but he fills a void. Your negative asx around mouthing would turn any recruit away

1 Like

Go back and watch some of our defensive series this year – just randomly pick some. And watch how frequently our players were looking to the sideline to get the call. Many times, the opposing offense snapped the ball when we were looking to the sideline.

Why?

I know nothing. But, to me, it seems like we weren’t capable of getting the correct call identified and communicated on the field. Who typically owns that responsibility? I would guess it was Malcolm Rodriguez in '21 and Mason Cobb in '22.

2 Likes

Yes communication was real bad.

1 Like

In fairness to Cobb and the rest of the '22 defense, there were a lot of coaching changes from '21 to '22. Mason for Knowles. Clements to LBs. Richmond to DL. So, we shouldn’t assume it’s all on the players. But I still maintain something was missing, if not athletically, maybe cognitively, at the heart of the '22 defense.

2 Likes

The 2 defensive guys who left us. Didnt have better years . Nor did they get any accolades. The 1 went to lsu was a 2 time big 12 guy, didnt even start all his games

2 Likes

Dude what are you on about? This guy is one of top 5 linebackers in the portal by 247 and he prob would have been drafted.

1 Like

jeffy is a troll, he trolls every post. He’s a pitiful soul

2 Likes