Uniforms Thread

Was actually kind of shocked there wasn’t a Uni thread already (Kill this if I missed it).

I was hating on ISU uniforms in the football 2019 thread, so I’ll move it here, but :

in doing my internet image search to bash ISU unis, I came across these…why on EARTH are these not their normal helmets? Simplistic, classy, streamlined…MUCH better.

1 Like

Looks like it could be misinterpreted as a longhorn silhouette. I don’t like them :joy:

1 Like

Or these!

2 Likes

Dangit. Now I can’t unsee.

1 Like

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjD-deTyqHmAhUNTt8KHbNVALQQjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.helmethut.com%2FCollege%2FIowaState%2FIAXISU8386.html&psig=AOvVaw25gY6A5SoqyhzzjTr_sMQw&ust=1575740690946570

Edit: I can’t figure out how to get this to post as the picture itself, but these are awesome. Move the logo up 6 inches and they are perfect

2 Likes

It’s better on the yellow helmet with the red cyclone. But you can’t have that cyclone be yellow. :joy:

1 Like

Man, why did they have that logo so low? Misuse of helmet space has always bothered me. Looking at you New England Patriots with the logo almost at the top of the helmet.

1 Like

Not sure if it works across all platforms, but the way I do it is copy the image in Chrome, then simply paste it in your text box here on the forum. I’m in Win 10.

1 Like

Thanks, I was trying to drag and drop the picture. Then I tried saving it as a JPEG and that individual photo was giving me fits

2 Likes

this with the face mask from @TotallyNotRook 's post… deadly.

By the way, if ya’ll have twitter follow helmet stalker on it. They do all uniform things. Pretty interesting to follow.

1 Like

I like the look of Iowa States helmet logo…Its a lot better than these.

That helmet is… fuego.

1 Like

Their black uniforms are bad. Only because they don’t have black as a school color. At least I don’t think they do.

1 Like

No they dont.

Then you definitely shouldn’t have uniform that’s not a school color. Other than that I don’t mind their uniforms. The logo is boring but other than that not terrible to me.

I can’t not think Team McDonald’s when I see ISU in normal colors. They were doomed from the beginning.

4 Likes

Such Rosenfels, much Sage.

Those looks great.

As a uniform junkie, I think no school does throwback uniforms better than OSU. I think they’ve all been done in spectacular fashion, but where do you rank each sports’ OSU throwback uniform? These throwbacks come to mind to rank:

1. Football’s Homecoming 1988 throwback uniforms
  2. Basketball’s cursive cowboys uniforms
  3. Baseball’s 1959 throwback uniforms
  4. Golf’s old-school swinging Pete logo on hats/polos
5 Likes