'We're Gonna Score Points': Gundy Confident in Offense Heading into Fall Camp

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/were-gonna-score-points-gundy-confident-in-offense-heading-into-fall-camp/

Presley says OSU is “trying to make one-play drives not 20-play drives.”

“We’re not going to do anything that different than we’ve ever done before”. Is this guy really a coach? Is he playing possum or is it a joke? Then when I read more and Presley says “we’re trying to have one play drives not 20 play drives”. This guy is going to run this run, run, bomb till he retires. Mikes problem is he has a good enough team to do this 1 out of every 10 years. His offense is boring as hel and needs Alabama like players to win a conference championship obviously. SOS boys.

2 Likes

My question is why didn’t he just give the OC job to wickline instead of acting like he needs a guy more experienced in calling plays??? It’s hilarious.

1 Like

What’s the saying about "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different
results "?

2 Likes

Insanity insanity insanity

1 Like

It’s lazy coaching🤷‍♂️ Call it what it is.

1 Like

I don’t recall Gundy saying he was looking for different results

1 Like

And right there lies the problem.

1 Like

“We’re gonna score points. We got the guys to score points. I mean we’re not gonna do anything different than we’ve ever done before, but we’re going to score points.”

I’ll believe it when I see it. The points per game average has gone down every season since 2018 and he’s the master of handicapping the offense and not throwing it over the middle.

1 Like

Usually there are some guys who take the opposite of the consensus opinion on these articles but this time so far it is unanimous. None of us can believe that Gundy said we are not going to do anything different. I guess he really thinks as a coach his program has developed a really productive playbook so no need to reinvent the wheel. What we saw in the bowl game last season is what we need to see each game. Open up the game and go for it. Please learn the value of change.

2 Likes

Unless he takes the handcuffs off of Kasey Dunn, 3rd or 4th in the conference is the ceiling. No Arlington. Doing what you’ve always done will get you the same results. I refuse to chug the orange Kool-Aid this year. I have season tickets. I’ll wear orange and be loud. But I can’t bring myself to believe Gundy is ever winning another conference title. Even after OU and Texas leave, Baylor or Iowa State or Kansas State will be the ones who take advantage.

2 Likes

All teams need Alabama like players

You’re right, he confident and says Sanders improved, going to score a lot of points but no different results, still finish 4th. That’s exactly where I think they will finish too. At least he is confident he’ll finish 4th.

2 Likes

So if we finish 2nd are you all going to come back and apologize?!? I have a work acquaintance who went to the University of New Mexico. They had a coach who got them to a bowl game every other year or so and always had a winning record. They ran him off because they should have been better and UNM hasn’t been back to a bowl since, maybe one…. He now recognizes this short sightedness. I know you guys want OSU to become Clemson but there just aren’t many Dabo Swinneys…. IF OSU basketball becomes nationally prominent, then we hit the grand slam with the Boynton hire. What if Gundy’s replacement is a football Travis Ford???

1 Like

Fear of failure is the main opposition to greatness.

4 Likes

Understood, I forgot to finish with we’re all “orange to the bone” right? Go pokes

1 Like

No DUH! The question is are they gonna throw across the middle and open it up and stick w/ the three basic routes, i.e. back-shoulder fades, bubble screens and jump balls, or naw? I’m not real confident.

Thank you! I’ve been saying this so dang much it’s like a broke CD that plays the same part over and over till Grandma jumps up and down on the floor! Like every defensive coordinator doesn’t want film to pick up tendencies. All I know is zerOU can’t defend slants well and never have.

Way to be fine w/ mediocrity and think negatively!

It’s funny to me how OU couldn’t stop a fat and slow white dude across the middle from Iowa State and we never seemed to attempt a pass across the middle to any of our speedy receivers in the bedlam game. Inept and scared coaching at its best was in display during that game.

1 Like