What are you smokin?

I’ve done two of them before. One for memorial day and one for the 4th. The one for the 4th was much better than the memorial day brisket :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I follow Aaron Franklins method for smoking briskets and highly recommend it. Basically just push through the stall, wrap it in butcher paper, then pull it once it hits 203-206 degrees internal temp. Then rest at least a half hour. No need for special seasoning, just salt and pepper, keep a water pan in there, and spritz with a water bottle every so often before the wrap. Make sure you are through the stall before wrapping.

3 Likes

That sounds super similar to what I did in July. I was following Matt Pittman’s method from Meat Church. Biggest difference might be that I’ve got some garlic in my rub

1 Like

Yeah that is actually the thing I change from Franklins way of doing it. My rub is seasoned salt and garlic powder. Sometimes pepper gets to me so I change it for the garlic powder. Seasoned salt also gives me a better flavor profile compared to regular salt.

1 Like

We bought a quarter beef a while back and recently smoked the brisket we received on the charcoal grill, briquettes and all with some hickory, using the Franklin method. Wrapped it and actually finished it in the oven for another two hours while we went to church. Unconventional but quite possibly the greatest brisket I’ve ever had.

2 Likes

What’s everybody smoking tonight?

Turned out pretty good!

5 Likes

The tacos were indescribably good. You are a king amongst men for suggesting that!

Done good, Kid.

1 Like

2 Likes

My step dad sometimes will smoke a Boston Butt and make burritos out of it with mozzarella and green chili verde sauce….literally melts in your mouth

2 Likes

Smoked meat burritos are the best.

4 Likes