What happens if osu rolls

I know alot of u were upset about last year.
With the Hubbard summer issue. The 3 lost lineman before the season, and then 2 more. I thought we did good. If Sanders was just bad not awful in the Texas and tcu games. We could have had a great year.

So what about this year. Does any believe we are much down in any position.
Backs well half the year was just the backs we have now.
Recievers we got 3 we know can catch the ball.
Line sure Jenkins was good. R best 2 games Jenkins didn’t play. We got a lot there to work with.
Lots be honest qb cant be worse. Better play will make this team get back up to 35 a game.
Defense is basically the same team. We hope a couple of guys step to replace what was lost.
Look at the teams ahead of us. We beat isu( which will be the same team) really with Sanders just coming back and that line still messed up.
Texas Sanders gave Texas there offense. The have 3 great players to replace that were play makers. On being the qb, where they have 2 ( all ways a mess)
Tcu Dugan is not good who will be qb. Defense if good

So if we roll get the title go to the playoff. In a year.ou is picked by many to win a natty. What does this do to us.
And before the peanut gallery starts yes bad grammar and gundy is a loser. Everything else welcome

1 Like

If by a set of miracles this all happens, it will make it easier to find a new conference. Gundy would have his 2nd Big 12 title and 1st Natty. What you’re asking for us is impossible. But good to see you can still dream about all that.

2 Likes

I did say playoff. But I like how u think.:innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

In all honesty, the absolute best season I could see for OSU:

1. Finish the regular season 11-1 and 2nd in the Big XII.
  2. Lose to OU in the Big XII championship.
  3. Go to a New Year Six bowl game, win, and the finish out at 12-2.
    Do I think this will happen. No, but hey stranger things can happen (not to mention it would come at a awfully good time right now).
1 Like

U just have to believe.:innocent::innocent::innocent::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

Possible. Not likely, but possible. That is the mindset the players and staff need to have.

2 Likes

I would sacrifice a Bedlam L in Stilly for a W in the rematch in Arlington.

3 Likes

I want the last year we play them to have 2 wins.

2 Likes

Robert both wanting to fire Gundy and believing in a playoff run is giving me whiplash. Or is it the other joker that wants Gundy gone?

3 Likes

Yes u gave ur self a whiplash for no reason.
I gave a sarcastic hint I like gundy in the second to last sentence. So sorry ur confused :upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

Our season will be 100% dictated by Spencer and injuries. I think we can compete with anyone, just depends on how lethal the offense is this year and if Spencer can take the leap, cut down turnovers and turn Into what we thought he could be.

1 Like

Will the 2021 defense be better than the 2013 defense?

Will the 2021 offense be better than the 2017 offense?

If it helps, we finished 3rd both seasons.

This gives me a great idea. Combo time!

1987 or 1988 run game
2011 or 2017 passing game
2020 pass defense
2013 run defense
2011 turnover margin

Head Coach:Jimmy Johnson
OC: Todd Monken
DC: Jim Knowles

QB: Weeden or Rudolph/Chelf
RB: Barry or Thurman
WR: Blackmon, Dez, Hart Lee, Rashaun
OL: most of 2011 O-line Grant Garner, Levy Adcock, Parker Graham, Lane Taylor, but add Russell Okung
DL: Kevin Williams, Trace Ford, Greg Richmond, Jimmy Bean
DB: McQuarters, Perrish Cox, Kevin Peterson, Tre Sterling, Kolby Harrell-Peel, Elbert Craig…I could name a few more.
LB: Keith Burns, Terrence Robinson, Sean Lewis

K: Dan Bailey or Quinn Sharp
P: Matt Fodge or Scott Tyner
KR: Cox and Sanders
PR: McQuarters and Dez

1 Like

While I like Spenser and think he’s our QB1 at this point…his back up may be better so I don’t think our season is 100% dictated by him. The season may be dictated by the efficiency of our offense and Spenser will have something to do with that…as will QB2, but our strength is defense this year.

I’ll keep it simple: 2011 offense with the last year’s defense.

2 Likes

That’d work too.

88 offense & 84 defense vs. 2011 offense & 2013 defense is the theoretical matchup I contemplate. Have to guess how the two teams could adjust to the style/era differences.

It comes down to 1) the 88 War Pigs and Garrett Limbrick vs. Ogbah in his first year, Jimmy Bean, James Castleton, and Calvin Barnett (Edge - 88) and 2) the 2011 OL vs the 84 DL.

1 Like

I’m an idiot for forgetting all about Ogbah on the defensive line!

1 Like

And O’Neal he is the best defensive player osu ever had.

1 Like

Exactly. I didn’t have time to look up all the 2011 OL (like Adcock) or the rest if the 84 line. But O’Neal is unmatched in OSU history.