What Mike Gundy Said Monday in His Week 2 Radio Show

True but hope 50 yards go thur is not what u want. Got a good kicker.

Yeah itā€™s hard to fathom. They donā€™t seem to have that put your foot on the throat mentality. I hate it. He seems a little too flashy at times for me. Listen, he gets it in that itā€™s all about recruiting. I love that part. I just wish he seemed more willing to put a boot in someoneā€™s butt over there once in a while.

I have s question. Did not having to worry about containg shane and 7or 8 oline flag hurt less or more then oline getting a good run push.
First half had not many runs and 2 were td.
2nd half every time u turned around there was a flag. That changes play calling. I think we had only 1 3rd and short miss and the 4th down.

I think Gundy has hit the stage Bob was in late. Complacent. Uninspired. I honestly donā€™t blame em though. Recruiting is a young menā€™s game. Itā€™s easy I imagine to grow tired of it

I know ur rite. But last summers deal gave him a wake up call. This realignment will hurt tho.

I think that deal last year only made him dislike it even more. Listen, it was an ignorant move on his part, but the culture nowadays of that stuff is a pain in the butt

I think he got tired of people putting For Sale signs in his yard after a loss as well.

Yeah neither does OSU. I guess Mike Gundy decide slow progression plays, bad offensive lines, and a ā€œsimplifiedā€ playbook would be better for the team.

Sounds like a winner to me. Any way I think putting a foot to some ones throat is illegal in most states these daysā€‹:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Youā€™re an idiot @joe15

Mason and Yurcich raised the bar offensively for oSu during their time, then you clowns wanted Yurchich fired. Caused a major set back to our offense. Now you clowns want Gundy gone? That will be major set back to our program

Well, an opposing defense benefits from both: o-line penalties and a QB that isnā€™t dual threat. If I know you have Shane at QB1, and youā€™re at 2nd and 15 because your left tackle (or whomever) jumped the snap last play, your QB is under added pressure. In that scenario, Iā€™m gonna trust my defense to cover the pass with 5, and Iā€™m bringing heat with 6. If I screw up the timing on Shaneā€™s throw, now itā€™s 3rd and 15 unless I pick him off. Thatā€™s if I donā€™t sack him for a 6 yard loss. Now, youā€™re facing 3rd and 21. Now, Iā€™m gonna bring 4, and drop 7. Because knowing Gundy, heā€™s not going for a first down or TD. Heā€™s making the punt more manageable. Like, say 4th and 6 or 7. So I need 4 deep, 4 to rush, and 3 to cover the intermediate stuff. Your offense is now screwed. I donā€™t have to worry about Spencer finding a rush lane past my blitz. Also, if your o-line is so undisciplined and frazzled as to pick up multiple false start penalties, Iā€™m going to confuse them with blitz packages. Oh look, now your right guard is getting beat. So, heā€™s ticked off and takes a swing after the play. Tack on 15 more yards backwards. Itā€™s a snowball effect. I can ruin your night with the two problems you just mentioned. And Mizzou State almost did.

2 Likes

I think ur missing the point. It didnā€™t follow my question.
But flags do make a snowball effect.
Iā€™m not make excuses. Last few years we have been go on flags so I see that coming a round. 3 were done by the new kids.tge center hurt. Lt hasnā€™t played in well over a year. Cw back is new this fall two. The others were veterans.
But a few rush really doesnā€™t really tell us.
If u guys want to say the world is fall ok.

To answer the other part, if you canā€™t run block well, you become one dimensional. You are forced to pass. So I no longer have to load the box. I can always have safety help over top. And enough other guys dropping back, that you shouldnā€™t be able to rack up yards after catch.

All of it combined made the offense not look good the other night. The easiest and quickest thing to fix is fewer penalties. The second thing is adjusting the o-line unit to run block better, whether itā€™s by scheme or personnel. Then, Gundy and Woz have to get a better idea on which guys in the backfield have the best vision. Cause if I make a hole, but you donā€™t run through it, it serves no purpose. Iā€™d rather have a 4.5 guy with vision than a 4.3 guy with none.
The Shane mobility thing is an impossibility. Heā€™s not Spencer. Heck, heā€™s not Corndog. You just work on making sure he knows where pressure is coming from and how to take steps in and around the pocket to evade it. Have him watch hours of Big Ben doing this. He was a master.

so are you saying that we donā€™t much about the run game because we had so few good runs? Or we donā€™t know much about it because of penalties? Or because the o-line wasnā€™t good? Iā€™m just making sure I understand the question. I simply answered the question the way I thought you were asking it.

You mean he didnā€™t have a security system to prevent that?! Haha!

This made more sense. Like I said fix the flags get 3 starters back then see what we got.
This will be shane hold up.
Spencerā€™s not even corndog. I hope spencer can final surpass corndog run td total

We didnā€™t have alot of run plays and flags along with Shane didnā€™t give us a good barometer of what r run game will be.

Very true. Youā€™d think with the coaches knowing the deficiencies, theyā€™d game plan and play call better to work around that. Ooohā€¦wait. We have the mastermind calling plays for us. Gundy!!! Canā€™t get better than that. 2 yards per carryā€¦surely thatā€™s enough to put 40 on Tulsa, right?

40 chit 50. I know of no coach who plans on that mean flags, unless ur a raider coach.:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

Did Mason or Yurcich win a Big 12 title? I thought the 2017 team was the reincarnate of the 2011 team? What happened with that? How did we finish 3rd? Why did we struggle to get to 27 points against Central Michigan? He raised the bar alright. Heā€™s doing it now at Penn State with his 16 point explosion this past weekend.