What’s your greatest in person moment as an OSU fan?

Traveling up to Mizzou in 08 to upset the then #2 team in the country is still at the top of my list. I still to this day think that game is when the football program turned a corner.

8 Likes

Watching the this years Bedlam victory with my 13 year old son from inside BPS. It’s the quintessence of my osu fandom.

11 Likes

I’m gonna say watching my wife and best friend walk across the stage in GIA. Both of them were DIEHARD OU fans up until HS, as well as their whole families. I turned them both and now they have degrees from OSU and neither of them can stand OU. Does that count?

9 Likes

Wasn’t a moment but as a kid hanging around the batting cages and helping but the tarp on the field at Allie P. Reynolds. Getting to see Ventura and Farris as a 13 yr. I was star struck every day.

Trying to hide foul balls from ball girls that went out of the stadium. Memories I will never forget

9 Likes

I was court side in ‘95 in NJ when we beat Tim Duncan/Wake Forest and then Marcus Camby/UMASS to go to the Final Four. I also went to Seattle for the UCLA game but winning the Elite Eight was legit!

11 Likes

Legendary.

You had one of the best seats I’d assume

5 Likes

My favorite game in person will probably always be bedlam 2011 with my dad.

A random bonus game I will never forget and a personal favorite of mine is 2017 bedlam basketball in Norman. Surrounded by Ou fans, and was getting heckled all game long and I wasn’t saying a word to any of them. When we scored, stole the inbounds and kicked it out to forte for that three, it got dead silent and I really wanted to turn around and start pointing my finger like “Fck you, Fck you, F*ck you and you and you.” Instead I just turned around with a big smile on my face and sat there princess waving at everyone as they started leaving.

8 Likes

Man I miss Phil Forte.

6 Likes

I even met Vern Lundquist at halftime (he was calling the game for CBS). He came into the bathroom and told a funny d*ck joke really loud…

6 Likes

It’s hard to say but it’s definitely the ‘95 basketball team. Seattle was awesome to see the final four in person, but watching them in Kemper that year win the Big12 was the best. The celebration in Stillwater after we beat Wake might be my defining moment because there was never a better day while I was in college.

6 Likes

This last Bedlam. Only one I’ve been to in-person. 2007 hoops vs Durant #2

6 Likes

The three point shot against st joes.

Still remember Everything about where I was, the setting, everything from that moment

In person, probably the fiesta bowl 2011 - the comeback was dope

6 Likes

My dad and I basically mirrored the JLIII jumping into John Sr.’s arms scene in real time. This might be it for me too.

6 Likes

Maybe not greatest, but an important one for me. I was a first gen OSU student/fan. End of Marcus Smart’s freshman year (and Memphis game the next year) woke up the program a little bit and that was my first exposure to a full GIA. That’s when I realized there was no place in the world like it.

7 Likes

He was unconscious that game against Memphis. I remember looking up at the Jumbotron toward the end of the first half thinking he had like 11 or 12 points, and he had like 25 or something silly. Just killed them.

1 Like

My fiancé (from Chicago) didn’t know much about Bedlam and got us basketball tickets. Got to see Cade Cunningham down the Sooners

6 Likes

Being in the stands with my dad as time expired at the end of Bedlam 2021.

6 Likes

The whole experience of this year’s bedlam. The season had been a roller coaster but this seemed like the year. The emotional ups and downs of the game. My daughter (a former OU fan) being on the field in the band. My teenage son, who was into OSU sports more than ever before, sitting with me and yelling the whole game - even when those around us were dejected. The moment the crawling tackle ended the game and the following minutes were PURE JOY. Then Lincoln Riley lying after the game and leaving the next day finished it off with perfection.

5 Likes

I have two:

1. February 27, 1995 my buddies and I showed up to GIA about 3 hours early for the final home game of Big Country’s career. As we waited, the players started showing up and chatted with us for a few minutes. It was so cold that eventually Eddie had one of the managers come outside and get us. We made our way down to the floor and shagged balls for Country and Rutherford. One of our buddies challenged Rutherford to a game of horse (I think). Rutherford just hit shots from the logo and put him away. We spent the entire game on the front row screaming at the 7 ft Croatian dude from Iowa State. I rode Big Country’s back at the end of the game. It was glorious. @matt15 you were there right? My memory is fuzzy some.
  2. 12-0 in Norman first win since 1976.
6 Likes