Where Were You on Jan. 27?

Kind of a creepy fact - I found out about the plane crash and 9/11 while sitting in the exact same spot. Need to burn down that room.

4 Likes

I was sitting in the living room of our house on Hester. We were getting ready to hit the strip when my roommate got a call from his best friend. He was friends with Pat Noyes and he broke the news to us. We never made it out. Spent the rest of the night watching the news and fielding phone calls. I don’t think I’ll ever forget that night.

I was waiting tables at the Bricktown Brewery in downtown OKC. The news came on, and we all stopped what we were doing. My girlfriend, now wife, shared an apartment with one of the girlfriends of a starting basketball player. Therefore, he and I were also kind of roommates. We had no idea who was on what plane.

My manager, knowing the situation, cut me loose and I immediately went to my parents, grabbed my bag and left for Stillwater.

1 Like

Watched the game on the couch in OKC with my 2.5 week old son. He’s a Freshman on campus this year.

2 Likes

That is crazy to think about…

High school in North Carolina. Learned about it via Sportscehter.