Who Is the Best Running Back of the Mike Gundy Era?

Who was the ‘best’??? The very word ‘best’ is open to a lot of interpretation. By what parameters?? :man_shrugging:

For shear running back skills and acumen, Carson might very well be the best. By production, he is not even close. I do agree that our line and even scheme were detrimental to his stats.

Thanks for the video clip!

1 Like

Up 4 scores with 2 minutes in the 4th probably isn’t the best run to illustrate. Carson had his moments, though.

2 Likes

Agree 100%. If he hadn’t gotten hurt he would’ve had a decent career with the 49ers. Very underrated esp by national experts, broadcasters, etc.

2 Likes

No doubt but due to circumstances…he ain’t gonna be #1 esp w/ just one season. What a fun guy to watch though!

2 Likes

DIdn’t you forget one Terry Miller?

1 Like

I hear ya. There were several other phenomenal plays Carson made. Jumping over defenders, running through people earlier in games, but you’re right he punished people more and more as the games went on, after their souls were already defeated. I just chose that one because it got me juiced for some OSU football. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

No. He didn’t ever lead the nation in rushing yards. Tony Dorsett led the nation in 76 and Earl Campbell in 77. Terry Miller did finish runner-up for the Heisman in 77 though.

2 Likes

Carson didn’t have a good first year. Injuries played a part of it. It wasn’t till the se half of his last year something woke him up and he ran like his hair was on fire. He was a high rated juco recruit. Injuries have plagued him throughout his career. He had a couple of really good years with Seattle

2 Likes