Williams leave ou

U had to more recievers go to the portal.

1 Like

First off……it’s TWO. And one left to the draft. One in the portal. I said back in Dec that we’d lose some guys. Some good players. None of this is a shock to me. None of it is good. But there are some people in OU undies who think we’ll just keep on rolling and it won’t hurt. That’s not true. There are also morons like you who think OU is gonna fall off the map and never recover. That’s not true either. Venables is to defense as Riley is to offense. I think OU is gonna be able to field a team that is pretty good next year. They aren’t gonna give up football in Norman.

What I read it was two to the portal which they said leave Mims and the incoming class.

U just said this week ou will be an 8 and 5 team. With up years. I think the same before all this happened. But if u think they will be a lsu team that pulls a natty every so often. U are sadly mistaken.
How many times has ou rolled the big 12. What 2 times. We both know sec is tuff. It’ll take a good schedule and weak sec title game for ou to win a natty.

I feel for u. No I dnt I shouldn’t lie.

1 Like

I said OU will have an 8-5. They’ll also compete once in a while to win the Conf. Explain to me why you think OU couldn’t be an LSU or Florida? OU will not be 8-5 next year. Mark it down. I think OU & OSU are playing each other for the Big 12 title next year. I think you may need to worry more about what OSU is losing than what’s going on in Norman.

OU won 6 straight Big 12 titles. If that’s not rolling the Conf…….

Two big deals I thought was funny.
I didn’t bring up Florida, u better hope u are not Florida.
Rolling means undefeated in the big12. How many times has ou rolled up the big 12. I know 6 years ago. 1 or 2 other times. If u can’t roll in the big 12 how do u think u can win a sec con title. I do think the can because of a schedule the mite be weak one year.
It’s way to early to predict big 12 title game.

But thinking ou is going to replace what they have lost thur the portal is a lil naive. Most players are in the portal because their not getting to start. Sure there are guys who from smaller school that have done stuff to get a better school.

Prime example ou swapped corner backs with tenn last year… Did that really work out better. U also have to compete with all the other bb. Tell me this did ur qb portal upgrade ur qb. Yet to be seen. And this coaching staff may know how to coach.

1 Like

Ok, ill do this with you as long as its an actual discussion.

OU wont be Bama. No one is. In the last 15 years, Bama has won 8 SEC titles. LSU has 3, Florida has 2 and Georgia/Auburn each have one. I do think OU will win a Conf title in 15 years over there. If you win that Conf, youre doing pretty good. YES…they will also go 8-5 some. Ive said it. Multiple times. But I believe too much in the leadership in Norman for me to say it will throw in some Auburn clunkers and be 6-6 in some years. Im sure you will project just the opposite, which is fine. If someone doesnt think OU can go in there and make the SEC title game every 3 or 4 years I think youre fooling yourself.

Hang on chief…I never said OU will completely replace what theyve lost. OU is worse in the offensive Dept. OU is better in the Def room. I absolutely believe that OU will be better defensively from here on out. You cant add arguably the best DC, DL coach, Strength Coach, and Bama’s Secondary guy and not be better. OU will be better defensively. Offensively, they will not be. Do I think Gabriel and the rest of what OU brings back on that side of the ball is good enough to win this league? Absolutely. Youve not paid attention because ive said from the minute Riley left how much this could hurt OU. But Bob Stoops, Venables and the OU brass have made bigtime hires and managed to reel in a top 10 class on paper, which is pretty remarkable. I think OSU, Baylor and OU are all 3 favorites to get to the Championship game. I do find it pretty ironic that you say its too early to project who will play in Arlington in 12 months…yet you are quick to predict how poorly OU will be in 2 years. Seems a bit odd. But hey…whatever floats your boat boss.

To answer your question about portal QB’s. I assume youre asking me if Gabriel is better than Caleb Williams? No. He is not. Williams upside is a 1st rd pick. So hes pretty good. Could Gabriel lead OU to the Big 12 title? Yes. He can. If Baylor’s backup did it, then im pretty sure Gabriel could too. The portal is an easy one…you win some and you lose some. It all evens out in the wash

I think u guys have a nice class of guys coming in it’s balanced too. It think osu is balanced.
But I’m lost on why u think ou is set on defense. Is it just because of the coaches. I haven’t keep up but I thought between the draft and transfer out u would be losing more then a handful.
So I’m just looking at who uve lost on both side when I say it looks tuff for ou.
Now things can change after February. So there is no way u can actually make a prediction now.
Two year ago I thought we would be great. Then a lineman retired two got kicked off. That rite there is a game changer. Then we lost 2 more in the 1st half of the first game. Things change. But, 1st of March u will have a pretty good idea of where ur at.

1 Like

I never said OU is set on defense. I said I think they will be better in 22 than in 21. Due to a shift in culture. An upgrade in the defensive coaching staff. The strength & conditioning will be a massive upgrade. Attitude and effort can improve a defense quicker than anything. Will this bunch be as talented as some of the guys that left? No. Top to bottom it will not. But OU will have more defensive players drafted than OSU will come April……& i said all year that I LOVED how those guys flew around and played defense. You give me a bunch of try-hards over me-first guys any day of the week.

You keep saying how tough it’ll be……but OU isn’t in the SEC yet. Next year OU will be in the hunt to win this Conf again. They’ll likely be the betting favorite to win it when the odds come out. Now I know how Vegas works and the OU logo will carry a lot of that weight, but dude they’re every bit talented enough to win this Conf. The coaching was non-existent this year and they were a play away from beating one of the 2 or 3 best teams in the Gundy era. They lost quite a few players. But they return quite a few too. The coaching will be better in 22 than it was in 21. Riley was checked out from the bye week on.

It’s funny I’ve talked about coaching and riley but I was wrong. Now ur a genius :clap:.
R u trying to talk this up or do u belive it. More important the team needs to believe it.
Like I said I dnt keep track of all ou has lost. I thought they have lost around 6 d starters like 3 to the draft and portal each.
I’m sure Texas fans are saying the exact same things as u.
I dnt see how u can be so confident. Until the dust settles in March. Were up to 5 starters on d and a back up so far.

Coaches are human chief. Riley had one foot out the door by Nov. That effected the entire organization. You have your opinion of Riley. I have mine. That’s ok. I’m not saying he’s a bad coach at all. I’m saying he did a bad job this year because he was too busy going elsewhere.

If I didn’t believe it I wouldn’t post it. Again, you think they’re gonna forget how to football in Norman. The defections have hurt. But they’re bringing in the best of the best as far as defensive coaches. Lebby is a very reputable OC. I think OU is gonna manage to win a few games next year. Golly I just hope they’ll be able to stay within 50 of the Cowboys.

Keep ur chin up buddy. Remember ur going to the sec.
I get back to u in March. Hope I’m not pick ou for 5th.

1 Like

@robert28 can’t handle that besides 2011 the only Bedlam’s Gundy can win is when Stoops screws up or when Riley doesn’t give a chit.

Dnt u got enough people making fun of u.

1 Like

Who? You and half a toy?

Rite jug. Dnt waste my time if u got nothing to say. Oh wait that’s all the time for u.

1 Like

Sorry if I don’t bloviate as much as you. But since you like nicknames (I much admit I do too) I’ll just refer to you as Oral.

Oral I must admit before you got on here, it was a quiet little place. But now, I’ve learned every team has stupid fans.

1 Like

Wow look who bowed up and start saying real stupid stuff.
It’s funny how u and Joey have fallen since I’ve been on here. Are u trying to tell me ur a super fan. Did u just spent ur last 20 post telling everyone how beating nd wasn’t that important.
If gundy had lost I know u would have been telling us how bad the lose was.
I am glad u still have ur sense of humor. After taking a beating from every fan on here.

1 Like

Oral, I am a super fan. I’ve had season tickets for the last 38 years including the years that I couldn’t go to a single game. I actually said that the fiesta bowl win was a good win. Only problem is a Feista bowl win is not the goal.

7 crystal ball predictions to USC lmao he gone

1 Like

5 for Mario Williams to USC too lol