You’re literally the worst

Flight attendant was not paying attention then. Most of the time they will catch it if you’re even 1 mm reclined prior to takeoff

3 Likes

Work has me on some less than spacious planes quite a bit. I have years of content for this thread on that one subject alone unfortunately.

2 Likes

I am 100% in the corner of the guy. Reclining is already a d-bag move, but the way that woman responded and continues to respond? Have you seen and heard her talk? She is practically getting off on the attention she’s getting from this. She’s the epitome of narcissistic. Do I think the dude should have punched the chair? No. Do I think she’s the one at fault? Absolutely.

2 Likes

This was me earlier this morning in the last row getting reclined on.

2 Likes

Perfect summary.

3 Likes

I’m just baffled at the MAJORITY of people across the Internet thinking that he’s the bad guy. He asked her not to recline (probably not super nicely, to be fair) and she ignored him. Now she’s threatening lawsuits and having him arrested? Spoiler: this all could have been avoided with half a shred of human decency, but the ‘I Want To Speak To The Manager’ attitude caused it to spiral. Screw her.

3 Likes

Airlines seats recline it’s your prerogative to recline or not. It’s not the person behind you who gets to decide.
He was a being a pric& she lifted during dinner and reclined after.
AA is going to be paying the woman (rightfully so) and maybe he will be as well. Want more legroom buy a better seat.

4 Likes

Yea, respectfully disagree here. There are two people at fault in the generic reclining situation (not the obnoxious newsworthy one). The airline for making the seats recline so far back while robbing you of space to begin with, and then also the recliner, for not extending their realm of consideration to anyone beyond themselves.

It’s not just ‘buy a better seat’ either. I commonly fly ‘Main Cabin Extra’ on american, which is the better seat, and I’m 6’0’’ tall. Not that tall. And when people are at full recline it’s extremely terrible for me as well.

The attitude of “I know this inconveniences you, but the seat reclines so, tough, deal with it, I don’ t care about your inconvenience.” is an attitude I find pretty … unbecoming. (I was going to use a different word but I started this reply with ‘respectfully’ :slight_smile: )

It’s quite literally saying “I only care about myself.” Which, if the popular opinion, makes me sad.

7 Likes

My seat didn’t recline on the back row today.

Buy a better seat or buy earlier.
I’ve been in that guy’s situation more times than I care to count, typically I don’t recline unless I’m in business or 1st but if the person in front of me does that’s their choice.
Now if I have to get up to go to the bathroom that person might feel an unintentional jolt or 2 but again flying is my choice buying a better seat is my choice. The airline could make all seats not recline, that’s their choice.

Everything about this was based on choice would I have chose to do what she did, no, would I have chosen to act like a pric& like he did, absolutely not.

1 Like

I shouldn’t have to spend $200 more to get a couple of inches of space nor would I ever do that. It’s not practical.

Then your choice is to not fly or fly a different day.

spend more money for someone not to be a d*ck to you is a pretty bad take

7 Likes

Nah, reclining seats will go away first. It’s insane that this is an actual debate to me. I’m already not given a lot space which is my choice but for someone else to invade even more of that to recline is crazy.

What other things should a person not get to do if it annoys someone around you? Should you not get to eat if someone around you doesn’t like the smell or doesn’t believe in eating meat?

3 Likes

Yes, because intruding on someone’s space they paid for and eating are exactly the same thing. :roll_eyes:

Also, if the food you’re eating smells so badly that someone complains, yeah, actually you SHOULD stop eating it in public. Because common courtesy.

4 Likes

K. Now you are just cherry picking stuff for the sake of being argumentative.

That stuff is not universal. If someone tells me, “Hey dude, that for some reason is really making me nauseous, I’m allergic, or whatever…” Then I would stop. But I’m not going to not eat something because I assume everyone in the world is vegan or hates onions.

Nobody likes having people trap them into discomfort. That is universal.

Look…at the end of the day, if you need to raise arguments to determine what is and isn’t kind or considerate to others, then there’s a fundamental problem that arguing online isn’t going to help with.

1 Like

No one is saying you aren’t allowed to recline a seat on a plane or eat food that smells bad, but if someone asks you to not do one of those things and you choose to continue doing it in spite of them, then yeah, people are going to think you’re rude and being a d*ck.

2 Likes

You pay for a ticket (contract of carriage) it includes those items associated with your rights and obligations as a passenger and what is not covered. If you paid for a meal and a seat that reclines those items are included, it also includes your obligations which include that you, paraphrasing, can’t be a dic$ to the crew of other passengers.
What offends you is irrelevant

2 Likes

Nobody is arguing with you about this. (I don’t think at least…unless I’m wrong).

My thing is : Yea… you are correct. But by doing it anyway, you are literally saying “I know this is uncomfortable for you, but it’s something I paid for, so I’m going to do it anyway.”

No other way of framing it, that in and of itself is just being kind of a jerk.

5 Likes