10 Thoughts on Oklahoma State's 24-19 Loss to West Virginia

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/10-thoughts-on-oklahoma-states-24-19-loss-to-west-virginia/

On wheel routes, Ollie Gordon and this cursed season.

“It was OSU’s highest rushing yardage total of the season. Richardson had a 131-yard outing against Arizona State, but did so on 27 carries.”

Someone explain to me why a top 25 program has to wait until the last game of the season to have their best rushing performance since week 2? Remember how good our rushing game was when Wickline was here? How I miss those days. Dunn and Dickey are absolute frauds, and Gundy is one of the biggest payroll bandits in college football currently.

2 Likes

Found this on his bio:
"In the final five years that Wickline served on Mike Gundy’s staff, the Cowboys posted four top two finishes in the Big 12, won the 2011 conference championship and in 2010 tied for first in the south division. Oklahoma State produced a 49-17 record and was ranked in the Top 25 final rankings in three of his last four years, including reaching as high as No. 3 in 2011.

Wickline was on the offensive coaching staffs that led the Cowboys to six Top 20 finishes in total offense, seven in scoring offense, eight in fewest sacks allowed, five in rushing offense and three times in passing offense. The Cowboys also finished in the Top 10 in total offense five times, scoring five times, fewest sacks allowed five times and rushing and passing offense three times.

Wickline coached the 2009 and 2011 recipients of the Big 12 Offensive Lineman of the Year Award, with tackle Russell Okung earning the honor in 2009 and center Grant Garner being recognized in 2011."

2 Likes

Hell, at this point I would take Deon Sanders.

Even Tech beat OU. Something Gundy has failed to do 15 of his 18 years. Geesh.

Really get tired of gundy and now Dunn prais a guy like Presley and say “yea he’s a dynamic player and we got to find ways to get him the ball.” I mean make set plays for him more. I don’t know what the hell your doing coaching and coming up with the game plan but my gosh man. Must be to many RPO’s but you would think they would not let him have the leash.

2 Likes