10 Thoughts on Oklahoma State's 28-23 Victory against Tulsa

Must suck to be you on these forms

Audios amiga

Why are u saying good bye to ur computer

When asked the following questions:

Media: How good do you think the offense will look?

Gundy: We are going to score a lot of points

Truth: Struggles to score over 20 points on inferior competition

Media: What do you think about Spencer Sanders?

Gundy: He’s gotten better and we feel comfortable with him and his decision making.

Truth: Still looks like 2019 Spencer Sanders.

Media: How is the offensive line?

Gundy: I feel good and comfortable about the OL.

Truth: Might be the worst OL under the Gundy regime.

Media: What will the offense look like?

Gundy: We are going to do the same thing we’ve always done.

Truth: Gundy admits the schemes need to change.

Media: How do you feel about the running back situation?

Gundy: We are fortunate to have a good stable of running backs and depth at that position we haven’t had here in a while.

Truth: We have average running backs and average 2.6 ypc so far this season.

I guess I could go on and on, but I think you know the point I’m getting at. I think Gundy should retire and go be a politician now. He’ll be more successful doing that than continuing to be a “football coach”.

1 Like

Joe got you all the information here that your coach has said so you don’t have to look it up delusional. I know you won’t respond to it but you should thank him

1 Like

I thank Joey and all the stooges for their craziness. U can’t buy this funny stuff.

No that just proves you delusional

Rite buddy. U say nothing but think ur proving a point. God I love it

Not disagreeing with your premise, so no need for a peeing contest.

What do you expect the HC’s to say when asked about that stuff? Most of these guys, other than Saban, play everything extremely close to the vest. They give you nothing other than coachspeak. Im not defending Gundy or anything, but blaming him for his lack of transparency when discussing his players is not a thing

1 Like

Saban is the only one that can say it was a stupid question and not get beat down.
U point is why I never listen to coaches interviews.

I expect him to say something to the tune of “we have a lot of work to do”. Doesn’t have to go into deep detail or anything like that. That’s all he had to say.

Instead, because he thinks he’s a better coach than he actually is. We get to watch the offense look like a pile of dogsh!t being swarmed by flies. This is a guy who is a former QB and supposedly an offensive coach. Yet, both of those things suck right now.

Before you say anything else, your an OU fan. Which means you pay more attention to the program than OSU. All you have to do is look at the comments, body language, games, and stats to figure out Gundy doesn’t have it any longer (as far as offense and head coaching goes).

He’s been full of chit for the last few years now and blames everyone and everything else when his team underperforms. The dude rarely comes out and says anything that goes wrong is because of him.

1 Like

I don’t disagree with your assessment of Gundy. But how would anything change if he answered those questions differently? It’s not gonna change how the team plays. How they call plays. How they prepare. I just don’t see what his answers in a media setting matter.

I’m with you on the Gundy not having it any longer. I think the OSU program is stale in the same way Bob/OU was right before Mayfield came to town. Great coaches. But Bob was uninspired and seemingly going thru the motions. Gundy seems like he may be in the same situation

Yeah and that’s the major problem. Look at Bedlam last year for example. Riley prepared his team like he was getting ready to play the 14th ranked team in the nation. Mike Gundy spends two weeks prepping his team like he’s getting ready to play Kansas.

I’ve watched him get outcoached by Petrino and Montgomery so far this year. So maybe he REALLY SHOULD invest in a change in scheme. Because I see very undisciplined football overall as far as the offense is concerned. At least he finally admitted this past weekend they need scheme changes on offense. However, we could of told you that three years ago.

3 Likes

You guys are something else. It’s clear Shane is NOT very good w/ long passes and w/ the crap run game we got going now it’ll continue to be turrible w/out a dual-threat QB.

I’ll agree RE Gumby, his HUGE ego is a large part of the problem.

1 Like

Briles? Uh, no thanks. There are other innovative offensive minds out there. Watch a Coastal Carolina or Ole Miss game, those are two offenses that remind me of what we used to be, then we never changed a dang thing as if Gumby thought D-coordinators and other coaches never watch film. Let’s run the same 20 plays for 5, 6 seasons over and over again.

I’m not real confident that Dunn gets to call his own plays, it looks just like what every guy has done after Holgorsen. How are our plays any different than what Yurcich called over and over and over again???

2 Likes

Well said. No argument here

My 10 thoughts after two games:

1. Scrap any/all of the wide receiver screen plays. They are too slow to develop and too predictable. If we keep trying this, I guarantee the opposing team will score with a Pick-6 before we score using it;

2. We’re going to have to tell Sanders when to hold the ball on the zone read play (and hope we guess right more often than not). He can’t see it quickly enough. Part of our anemic run game is due to him NOT pulling the ball and going the other way AND why even run the zone read with Illingworth at QB (no threat to run);

3. Another reason our running game is awful: too many of our designed plays start with the RB standing still to receive the handoff. The game is too quick;

4. Have we passed to our Cowboy Back yet? I don’t think so. And this contributed mightily to Jelani Woods transferring to Virginia. At least TRY it!;

5. Have we tried a Jet Sweep yet? I don’t think so. At least TRY it!;

6. We rotate our defense to our detriment. I get subbing in if the guys are gassed…but don’t sub in for the sake of subbing in. Tulsa’s first TD was the result of the unit we had on the field and the unwillingness on our part to call a time-out to re-group;

7. Alex Hale’s plant leg looks fake;

8. Can we get Malcolm Rodriguez a 7th year somehow?

9. Tom Hutton takes everything you thought you ever knew about how to drop the ball to punt and tosses it over the edge of Boone Pickens Stadium. At some point this year, he will WHIFF a punt!;

10. I want me one of those “Team Shrum” t-shirts!

2 Likes

Watched the game again on video. OBVIOUS that the run scheme blocking is wrong. Backs caught from behind by offside d-line. Time and time again. O Coordinator or Line coach needs to be fired/re-educated about how the running game works. We don’t have inferior linemen to Missouri State or Tulsa. The solution is obvious. DO SOMETHING.

Posted below before I figured out how to post. OBVIOUS that the run scheme blocking is bad. Runners caught behind the line by offside d-linemen. Watched the game again today on video, focusing on o-line play. This is pathetic. We don’t have worse linemen than Missouri St or Tulsa. The Scheme is WRONG. Can’t the professional coaches that get paid hundred of thousands of dollars see what everyone in the country with a dvr can see? FIX IT.

Gundy didn’t make the list of replacement for USC. They must know Gundy.