10 Thoughts on Oklahoma State's 39-32 Victory against Kansas

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/10-thoughts-on-oklahoma-states-39-32-victory-against-kansas/

On Ollie, scoring 30 points and more.

As of right now, 9-3 is very possible. WV, Cincy, UCF, Houston, and BYU are all winnable games. It just depends on how healthy this team stays and how they continue to improve.

3 Likes

Good article. I’m curious who will be favored next Saturday. Find a way to win next week and suddenly this season could be pretty decent.

3 Likes

The OL is better, certainly not where it needs to be. Have to be able to get that push for a yard or two. Let’s hope Cooper is able to return
Get the ball to Ollie, Presley, Owens , they have been the playmakers. WR need to block better
Defense has been shaky , but they are learning on the fly. DB’s have to quit blowing assignments
:cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

I would assume that WV would be a slight favorite given that the game is in Morgantown.

3 Likes

Someone want to explain to me how Presley and Gordon only had a combined 5 touches in the South Bama game?

1 Like

That game has been over for a month joy, nobody is worried about it but you. You are just pissed we won two in a row against good competition. You just wanted us to tank so Gundys seat would get hotter. QUIT CRYING

That’s a good question. That loss was inexcusable .

1 Like

Nick Martin.

Saw flashes of him in limited action last year. He is full-on becoming a superstar!

We were all spoiled by Malcolm Rodriguez, but watching Mason Cobb play last year, there were two things that really stood out: 1) our defense was never ready at the snap; and 2) Cobb missed a lot of tackles.

Yesterday, I watched our emerging star play ANOTHER great game and then I watched Cobb get absolutely steamrolled by Notre Dame. Martin > Cobb!

2 Likes

Yeah funny how things changed in 3 weeks. After the losses to Southern Alabama and Iowa State, 6 wins seemed like a stretch - there was the one glimmer with Iowa State that the offense started to gel. Gundy clearly should have forced Dunn to stick with just Bowman from the start - look at his progression over the last three games as the starting QB. He has gotten better each week. Same thing with Gordon, and you didn’t even mention Pressley - who had a decent day, scored a touchdown and made some crucial first downs despite being double-teamed much of the game.

1 Like

Yea keep talking about the south Alabama game, keep living in the past as there is nothing to support your hate for HCMG from the last two games.

2 Likes

Great call on Rashod Owens. I would’ve guessed he had 50-60 receiving yards, not 100+!

I’m going to lean towards a 7-5 finish. If I had to guess we lose at Morgantown, at Orlando, and Bedlam. In a conference with a lot of parity, those are really hard road trips.

This team is so much better than it looked in the “preseason” (thank you HCMG), and Ollie Gordon is the best OSU skill player since James Washington (?), so he can take over any game.

The reason I’m landing at a moderate 7-5 is because I still look at the last two weeks and think…
We won the turnover battle 5-0. Both games were at home. Will Howard was horrendous two weeks ago, this week took a historic performance by OG, and we still only won by 8 and 7, respectively.

The wins are great, but factoring all of that in, I’d feel a lot better had we extended the margin of victory just a bit more.

3 Likes

Every year we are hopeful for 6, 7, 8 and maybe even 9 wins. In '21 the whole conference was down just like this year and we made a little run. We haven’t been a threat to dominate this conference in 12 years. But everyone believes that will change as soon as big brother moves out. Well if Gundy is the coach for the next 5 years, I’d be willing to bet we don’t make it to the conference championship game once.

1 Like

If they win next week they’ll be T2 and ahead of every single 2024 B12 team. In a down year. Lol

3 Likes

I can’t wait to be proven wrong. So, this team is better than which team that came up short?

I didn’t think so. Lol

1 Like

This is where I think we as a fan base need to decide what success is for this program.

Because right now we’re all anchoring to the USA loss and feeling good about beating Kansas and a seemingly mediocre KSU team. Is that success? Is it being in the Top 25 consistently? Top 15? Conference championship every 5 years - especially when OU & Texas leave?

Based on my expect for this program (largely anchored to Gundy’s salary ranking), this is still a down year. Combined with last year, the program isn’t where it should be - especially with being able to leverage the momentum of a Fiesta Bowl victory.

1 Like

All I’m saying is we aren’t very good this year and we’re still somehow T2. Pointing out that a bad OSU team is positioned to still finish above every future B12 school. And will most likely be favored in every remaining game but OU and possibly WVU.

3 Likes

I missed where I said that.

1 Like

In a down year.lol