2011 QBs faced by OKState (where are they now)

Maybe this belongs in the NFL thread but thought it’d be interesting for folks to read in general @marshall

After seeing Tannehill score a little bit ago I thought about the QBs the 2011 Okstate team faced that year.

Okstate played 5 guys who would start NFL games. 3 of them were Top 10 picks. 1 of them has a Super Bowl.

9 years ago I would’ve never guessed Tannehill would be the one doing the best in 2020.

Louisiana: Blaine Gautier - WR coach at McNeese State

Arizona: Nick Foles - Super Bowl Winner, has started some games this year (active)

Tulsa: Kalen Henderson/GJ Kinne - Henderson transferred to Nichols State, Kinne made it to the NFL practice squads and is currently the OC at Hawaii

Texas A&M: Ryan Tannehill, 2012 #8 pick, seemed like a bust but has turned it around and is starting QB for Titans. (active)

Kansas: JD Webb - transferred to Colorado and got into a fight with an Air Force cadet, sentenced to probation, no clue what happened after

Texas: David Ash - never played in NFL or went to coaching, currently a financial advisor in Austin

Missouri: James Franklin - active in the CFL still (as of the 2019 season)

Baylor: RG3 - Heisman, 2012 #2 pick, current backup QB in NFL (active)

Kansas State: Collin Klein - QB coach at KSU

Texas Tech: Seth Doege - was in CFL, was WR coach at Bowling Green and currently is an offensive analyst at USC with Graham Harrell

Iowa State: Jared Barnett - worked as a coach at places like UT Martin, currently works for Aerotek

Oklahoma: Landry Jones - played in NFL for several years, current free agent

Stanford: Andrew Luck - 2012 #1 pick, started off strong and injuries ended his career at 29

3 Likes

Tannehill the most surprising outcome.

What year did he switch from WR to QB?

Interesting stuff. When I was watching Dalton vs. Hurts yesterday I was wondering how many Big 12 QBs are active on rosters.

Although I guess Dalton mightve been pre-Big 12.

I hate the Colts for ruining Andrew Luck.

correct, Dalton never played in the Big 12

1 Like