2020-2021: potential for greatest athletic year in osu history?

Was thinking about this today, not sure if this has already been a topic discussed, but could next year be the greatest overall in OSU sports history?

Football: Chuba &Tylan back, should push for the Big 12 title if Spencer takes a step-forward and our young defenders continue to grow
Baseball: currently about top 25-35 team in the nation with a ton of underclassmen that should be rounding into form by the end of this year and pretty solid next year
Softball: currently ranked 14th, feel like we’re always a safe top-15 bet yearly
Basketball: some promising young guys on the team already, plus bringing in a ton of (and with Cade the) top talent.
Women’s Basketball: I couldn’t find their recruiting ranking but looks like they’ll be trying to rebound like the men’s team
Wrestling is always a top-10 team bringing in the number 1 recruiting class & Fix back. (I feel like I’m missing another one of them).
Golf: girls are ranked 16, guys at 24… both solid teams with potential to move up next year. Guys team grabbed the #5 recruit.
Equestrian is always a lock for top-3 in nation
Both tennis teams are top-25
Soccer ranked number 19
I thought our cross country team was always fairly good but not seeing them on any of the rankings, from what I can find, track isn’t ranked either.

So looks like we should have 7-10 teams legitimately be in the running for big 12 titles, a few with potential national title hopes, a good amount of top-10/top-15 ranked teams

I’m also curious to know thoughts on what the greatest OSU sports years ever were, and how next years sports teams could stack up. Would be an interesting topic to cover.

2 Likes

I think 1945-46 has to be in the discussion. 1945 football was undefeated and is our only claimed national championship. Basketball won national championships in 1945 and 1946. And wrestling won the national championship in 1946. So that is 3 titles (OK, football is marginal) in that school year. Not sure about other sports.

3 Likes

I love how we are strong in many sports.

2 Likes

One of my favorite things about OSU is the strength across all sports, not just in 1 or 2

2 Likes

How is this thread dead? More content here peeps

I think we’re all just nervous if we’re going to have a chance for the greatest athletic year!

3 Likes

This. ^^^^^

2 Likes

yeah I mean why talk about something that likely won’t happen.

it’s also not PFB+ and I’m a snob

3 Likes

Dang it, I broke my snob rule as well.

1 Like

Made you message on a free board. Got ya

1 Like