2021 OSU fan survey - results

I mean, they finished 3rd or worse in the Big 12 south their last 12 seasons in the league…

2 Likes

Texas A&M football is just Oklahoma State football with a high and tight haircut.

6 Likes

And 12 players instead of 11. Very unfair.

6 Likes

A&M’s overall record since joining the SEC (9 years) - 77-33
Conference record - 42-31
Bowl record - 6-3

A&M’s overall record in their final 9 years in the Big 12 - 58-54
Conference record - 34-39
Bowl record - 1-5

That leaves out a lot of context (i.e. Kevin Sumlin and Jimbo are much better coaches than Sherman and late career Franchione), but overall, the numbers are markedly better in the SEC.

3 Likes

They are weirdly winning at a higher clip than they did in the Big XII

Ok, ok…but again, postseason, how have they improved?

In the 8-9 years they’ve been in the SEC, they’ve made the Cotton Bowl once and the Orange Bowl once (last season). But playoff? No. They have a bowl run that looks similar to ours (mid-tier with the occasional upper-tier).

I was just surprised their win rate had gone up. I was expecting they had sold out wins in the move in exchange for money and getting away from Texas. They have actually gained wins. To @RyanS’s point there are multiple factors likely outside of just changing conferences.

Their chance at a conference championship has diminished to your point. Even further now with OU and Texas in the conference. So far on a purely wins and losses standpoint they have improved which is worth something.

They are now the OSU of the SEC. they were looking like absolute geniuses after the famous Johnny football game in Tuscaloosa. Since then they’ve had lofty expectations and no hardware to show for it every year.

They won the SEC East twice…

1 Like

Yes, look at the records.

which in the years they won wasn’t much better than the Big 12 North

1 Like

So doesn’t that still disprove the SEC will hurt us debate?

not sure and don’t care since that’s not what i’m discussing

1 Like

It’s exactly what the discussion is. Take a lap.

3 Likes

Let me know when you post it. I’m interested in seeing the thoughts of other fanbases too